Chapter eight

We got up at like ten in the morning. After we ate breakfast Wesley helped me mix cookie dough together. We were both covered in flour and laughing. I had demanded he put on Christmas music while we cooked so it was playing in the background and he was singing obnoxiously off key.

"Okay how long do these cook?" Wes asked as he slid the first tray into the oven that was in the elaborate hotel room kitchen.

"Eleven minutes." I said as I rolled another slab of dough out across the counter.

Making cookies made me miss home. Every year my family would do cookies on the twenty third and we did it all day. We made all kinds of cookies. Most of them got given away to family and friends, but it was so much fun to make them.

"Hey babe I'm going to go make a call real quick, but I'll be right back." Wesley said as he passes me. He kissed my forehead and left the room.

My mind went back to the text message I'd seen. Would he really cheat on me? He seemed so amazing, and I just don't want to believe it. He was gone long enough for me to mix the icing and put it in the small fridge. He came back smiling all happy.

"Okay so once we finish we'll go to the play and come back and decorate them." He said helping me cut out cute little Christmassy shapes.

"Okay." I said.

"Is everything okay?" He asked looking at me. "You seem upset."

"I'm fine." I lied. I wasn't fine. I'm starting to think my ideal guy is cheating on me.

"You can tell me anything. You know that right?" He hugged me around the waist putting his head on my shoulder.

"It's nothing." I sighed. "Here put these on the next pan." I gestured to the cookies.

We cut the rest of the dough and baked them all up. After that Wes went to take a shower while I got dressed. I put on a knee length grey sweater dress, and my tan ankle boots. I let my hair fall into its natural curls down my back. I looked in the mirror and sighed. I actually looked really pretty.

"Wow!" Wes was now standing in the room with me. His hair was dripping on the carpet and he was only wearing a towel around his waist. "You look gorgeous Dani."

"Thank you." I smiled trying not to stare at his perfection. I mean I'd seen him in board shorts but that was different.

"Stop willing my towel to fall." He winked as he sauntered past me to his suitcase.

"You wish Stromberg!" I laughed.

"In your dreams." He looked up smirking. God the faces he makes make my insides flip out of control.

"All night long baby." I quipped back.

His smirk faded to a smile. "How are you so perfect?" He laughed.

"I was born amazing. I just can't help it." I smiled.

He got dressed and hurried me out the door. We got in a taxi and rode to the theater. On the way he texted a few times making me wonder again. He was a perfect gentleman though. He opened the doors for me and held my hand. He was nothing but perfect. I should just ask him right? Yeah that's it! I'll just ask him.

"Wesley?" I asked as we took our seats.

"Yeah?" He asked looking over at me.

The house lights dimmed and I sighed. "Never mind I'll just ask later." I said.

Wesley's POV

Okay Dani's being so weird today. I asked if everything was okay and she lied. I don't want to push her though. I know she's annoyed with all my texting, but I had to make sure her sister confirmed my rental car for me. There was a problem with the vehicle I wanted so now it has to be a four wheel drive SUV. apparently it snowed like six inches. Then I had to call the airport and make sure the flight wasn't delayed because of the snow. It was becoming hard to hide this from Dani.