Chapter twelve

Wes's POV

I woke up around ten after being up with Dani's dad until like two in the morning. He had a sick set up in the basement. It was awesome and we bonded actually. We really had a lot in common. It was weird at first but I was still just glad he liked me. I mean he was a big dude.

I stretched and noticed Dani wasn't next to me. She must be up already. I stood up and got some clothes out. I need a shower so I might as well get that over with. I went through the quiet house to the bathroom remembering Dani's dad had told me we'd have the house to ourselves today. I closed the door behind me and started the water. My eyes were closed as I washed my hair but I heard the door open.

"Wesley when you get done we're going to do something fun so dress comfortably." Dani said.

"Um, alright." I said rinsing my hair.

After my shower I got dressed in jeans and my favorite Yums tank with a black jacket. I pulled on some high tops and walked downstairs. Dani was playing on her phone at the table. She smiled when I joined her and scooted me a muffin. I ate it then she stood up and grabbed her keys. I hadn't noticed until now how nice she looked.

She left her hair curly which I've decided is how I like it best, and she barely had make up on. Dani was wearing tight acid wash jeans that hugged her in all the right places and a hoodie I'm pretty sure she stole from me.

"Where are we going?" I asked as she started to the door.

"It's a surprise." She winked. "Come on."

I followed her and got in the car. She drove the short distance to our destination and I was even more confused. She parked in the back and shut off the car. We were at her old high school. I gave her a look and she just laughed and got out of the car. I got out and followed her.

"Now if I'm right they probably still leave this door unlocked." She tugged the door and it clicked open. "Let's go." She giggled as we went into the dark building.

"Not that I'm opposing to whatever this is, but aren't we breaking and entering?" I laughed following close behind her. "First you steal sleds from little kids now this."

"First off I borrowed the sleds, and second it's only breaking and entering if you get caught." She said stopping. She flipped a switch and the lights popped on one at a time to reveal an amazing gymnasium. Even for a big city school this would be nice. "It's time for a rematch mister Stromberg." She smiled walking to a rack of basketballs.

"Did you plan this out or just get lucky?" I laughed following her.

"I'm just lucky." She smiled as she made a foul shot.

I grabbed the ball and matched her shot. She missed the next one and I made a three pointer because I know she struggled with those yesterday. Dani missed and smiled as she slid off her Nike's.

"What are you doing?" I asked her confused again.

She giggled and handed me the ball. "We're playing strip horse this time."

I wasn't being super competitive but now she's in for it. I shot the ball from the top of the key, but it banked off. She made a layup and I matched it. Then she made a trick shot backwards. Now she's just showing off. I chuckled and missed. I took off my shoes just like she'd done. She made a three pointer next and just smiled as I missed again. I really was trying was the sad part.

The game went on as we both missed shots. I was down to just my jeans and she had on just a pink push-bra and her jeans. I smiled as she came to take the ball from me. She reached for it and I held it over her head.