Chapter fifteen

Kate's POV

I woke up and stretched. A little too far I guess because the next thing I felt was my body hitting the floor. I groaned as I sat up and looked around for my clothes. Drew and I'd made up a few days ago and then we'd come home from the cabin. Last night was the best night of my life. Keaton had went to hang out with his friends and Drew had come over to mine and Dani's apartment. We had decided not to go downtown to the New Years party. Instead we just stayed home together and Drew cooked for me. He was actually a really good cook. He asked me to be his official girlfriend. After that we slept together for the first time. It was perfect in my opinion.

I couldn't find all my clothes so I slid on Drew's shirt and my sweats from last night. I looked back to discover Drew was gone. I sighed and walked out to the kitchen. Drew was sitting on the counter on our house phone. He was shirtless and had on his jeans from last night. He smiled when he saw me and told whoever was on the phone he'd see them later.

"Morning." I smiled kissing his cheek as I passed him to get to the kitchen. "Is pancakes okay?"

"Yeah that's fine." Drew answered me. "That was Wes he said Dani was in an accident last night, but before you freak out, she's fine. She just knocked herself out. They'll be home tonight around eight our time, but he said that they're gonna stay in LA tonight as an early birthday present."

"That's sweet. What kind of accident?" I asked mixing the water into the pancake mix.

"I didn't ask. He said something about a guy named Josh and getting locked out then the cops came or something. Dani hit her head and spent the night in the hospital." He shrugged.

Josh as in Josh James? That's Dani's ex! That dick better stay away from her or I'll fly home and kick his ass. He was never good to her regardless of what she says. He treated her like shit all the time. He'd tell her she needed to lose weight and she'd drop ten pounds in a week to make him happy. It was insane.

"I don't like that look on your face." Drew laughed jumping off the counter.

"How about this one?" I stuck my tongue out at him making him laugh again.

"That ones better." He pulled me to him. "I like this one best thought." He smiled as he leaned down to kiss me.

Drew and I ate breakfast then I had to work. He said he'd see me later and left. I got dressed in my surf shop uniform and looked in the mirror. I looked happy for the first time in a long time. Drew makes me happy and I never want to change that. I smiled and headed out the door to work.

Dani's POV

We hugged my family as we loaded into the rental car. I let Wesley drive since my head was still thumping. My mom was the last to hug us since she was crying. I hugged her back and let her go and pulled back to see her smile.

"Wes take care of my girl." She said hugging him.

"I'll try my damnedest." He laughed hugging her back. "Thanks for letting us stay here."

"Oh no trouble at all. Come back sometime soon." She said to us as we started getting in the car.

Wes drove to the airport and we boarded the plane. He didn't even blindfold me this time. The flight was long and we hit turbulence making me want to barf. Wesley and I talked about the trip and looked through his pictures. My favorite was one my mom had taken this morning of us sleeping on the couch together.

We landed at eight thirty on the dot. Wes got our luggage and we rode to a nice hotel in LA. He said we were staying here as a birthday present. I don't understand how that's a present but I'm not complaining as long as Wesley's with me.