Ch. 3 Interruptions and Old Friends

I couldn't stay in my room forever, so I went downstairs to watch TV. My binging marathon of Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell 4 was rudely interrupted by the doorbell. Being the only one still downstairs, I answered only to see;

    "Tord! Welcome back dude, I totally forgot that you were coming!" I said with a chuckle, walking over to Tord and enveloping him in a tight hug.

"Wait, what do you mean 'welcome back?'" Tom/Matt spat in a harsh tone.

Ignoring Tom/Matt's comment, Tord spoke: "I hope you don't mind me letting myself in?"

"No, not at all!" Matt/Edd said to Tord. Turning and facing me, he said: " ...Who is he?"

At first I was utterly confused, wondering how Matt could forget Tord: a friend he has known for years. Then I remembered that Matt shot himself in the face with Tord's memory eraser gun quite a while ago. That explains it.

"He used to live here." I responded, filling Matt/Edd in on why Tord was here on our doorstep.

"Yeah, used to." Tom/Matt butted in bitterly.

Tord seemed taken aback by this comment, but only for a second. Instead, he showed himself in and draped one arm around Edd/Tom's shoulder.

"Ah, long time no see Tom, my old friend." Tord said, a rather smug look on his face.

"Actually," I butted in, "That's not Tom."

"...What do you mean?" Tord said, obviously confused.

"Well... to put it the short way, we switched bodies." Matt/Edd said, rather cheerfully.

"Oooohh." Tord said aloud, following up with a quiet, "I forgot."

'Wait, what did he just say?' I thought, but it was Tom/Matt who was the first to speak up.

"What do you mean you forgot?" He interrogated, getting up in Tord's face.

"O-oh, nothing!" Tord mumbled, trying to catch his mistake. "I just..." He trailed off, obviously not thinking this through.

"How did you know about this whole body swapping thing?" Tom/Matt questioned further. "We never told anybody. What're you hiding now, Sunshine Lollipops?"  

"Fine, fine. Will you stop with the questions if I fix your... predicament?" Tord worded carefully. This caught all of our attention. Tord had a way of putting them back to normal?

"You... you know how to fix us?" Matt/Edd questioned Tord.

"Sure!" Tord proclaimed, digging into his back pocket and producing a futuristic-looking gun of some sort.

"Just one shot with my body-switching gun  and you'll return to normal." Tord said proudly.

"Wait, what do you mean your body-switching gun-"

"Shhh... you agreed to no more questions remember?" Tord reminded Tom/Matt, who just shrugged off Tord's questions and huffed in response.

"Uhmm, Tord, not to be rude or anything, but I don't know if I trust you. Especially around guns, given previous events... what if it kills them?" I asked worriedly.

"Do not worry!" Tord said, not at all reassuring me. "It will be fine!" He dismissed this off with a shake of his hand, and before any of us could protest further, he aimed the gun at Edd/Tom and shot.

Sorry if these chapters are short- the next two are over 1,100 words so... :/

Hope you're enjoying so far :V

~ Isa and Cas