Chapter 23 ~ Goodbye 2.0

FINAL CHAPTER TIME! *realises I just said a Chuck quote* *epically fangirls*...You guys shall never get the reference unless you've made it up to the end of Chuck season 4/beginning of season 5.
IT'S TIME FOR PEOPLE TO GRADUATE!
Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------------

"Graduation is a week away and this is an assignment I've called Goodbye 2.0," Finn says, "Jake and Ryder, would you like to start us off?"
Jake and Ryder get up, grabbing stools and sitting on them on the choir room floor. Jake grabs his guitar and rests it on his knee.
"Honestly, these years have been awesome. It was full of drama and all but I loved them. The memories I have and the friends I made will hopefully stay with me for the rest of my life. It's also the time I met the girl I love," Ryder explains and when he says 'the girl I love', he looks at Ryley, "And I feel like she's the one for me. I hope she feels the same."
"I agree with Ryder but for me, the girl I love is Ms Marley Rose." Jake says then sends his signature grin in Marley's direction and she smiles brightly back at him.
"I hope you guys enjoy our goodbye song." Ryder says. He looks at Jake to start playing the guitar.

[Jake:]
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

[Ryder:]
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

[Jake & Ryder:]
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

The band begin to join in with the song.

[Ryder:]
So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind

[Ryder with Jake:]
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

[Jake & Ryder:]
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life. 

[Jake:]
It's something unpredictable,

[Ryder:]
but in the end it's right. 

[Jake & Ryder:]
I hope you had the time of your life.

The Glee Club clap for the two. They stand up and sit in the seats of the choir room.
"That is a great goodbye song, guys." Finn says.
"What'd you sing for your goodbye song?" Ryley asks.
"When I graduated, the seniors and I sung You Get What You Give." Finn says.
"That song is pretty awesome." Angie says.
"This week, I want you to sing goodbye songs and sing songs of thanks if you want to. I also want us to sing a final full group song.." Finn says.
"What song are we singing?" Blake asks.
"On Our Way by The Royal Concept." Finn says.

---------------------------------------------------------

The New Directions all meet up in the auditorium the next day. They stand around on the stage. Finn is with them and they all seem to be ready to perform their song. Ryder and Jake wheel out a big pedestal.
"This is our final group number and I'm going to be performing with you guys. Let's make this awesome." Finn says. He points at the band to begin.

[Natalie (with New Directions):]
I'll believe when the walls stop turning
I'll believe when the storm is through
I believe that I can hear them say
"David won't you stop writing songs?"

The club all want to jump on and spin on the pedestal. Only some do though.

I never wanna shake their hands and stay
(Oh no, let's go)

Ryley jumps around on said pedestal, dancing with Angie.

[Ryley (with New Directions):]
(We are young)
(We are one)
Let us shine for what it's worth