When Everything Goes Well Pt 1

When Alex dropped me off at my apartment that morning I could feel a shift between us. We weren't just two strangers trying to get to know each other. There was a certain level of comfort between us that was peaceful. I think it's safe to say we both enjoyed each others presence.

Over the next few weeks we had spent a lot of time together. She truly did know how to show a girl a good time. I always had her undivided attention and she took me everywhere. We went to the mall, the movies, bowling... but the weeks flew by and before I knew it my dad was flying home. I was driving to the airport to pick him up and bring him to my moms apartment.

I knew the conversation of my dating life would come up at some point. I'm staying in the city for a week so it's inevitable.

Seeing my dad come out with his suitcase has me in tears. I can't remember the last time I got to see him and hug him.

I ran to hug him. "Dad!" I broke out in tears squeezing him tight.

"Hi sweetheart." He held on to me. He still looked the same as always. Tall and sturdy with short hair and a scar from his cheek to his neck. He was in close combat years ago and walked away with a sliced face.

The ride to the apartment was fast and my mom was practically running out of the building to greet us. My parents held each other and I just watched in awe. I'll always want the love that they share for myself one day. Who knows maybe alex and I will get there someday.

It's now Wednesday and we were sitting at the dinner table eating my mom's amazing lasagna. "So Carmen how is everything at the new job?" My dad asked.

"It's great dad I really love it. It's a small business so I'm not over worked or anything and I get to do what I love." I smiled back thinking about how lucky I am to have this job. There was a lot of competition for this position.

"Thats great. And your okay living on your own and whatnot?" He asked.

"Yea i'm fine. Iv'e made a few friends so it's not too lonely." I replied taking a bite a food. I knew where this conversation was going.

"Have you made any progress with that special person we talked about?" My mom asked. I groaned. I knew she would do that.

My father looked up from his plate suddenly interested. "What's this? Somebody already trying to steal your heart?" My dad laughed.

"It's nothing serious yet. We've been on a few dates that's all." I shrank away in my seat. They didn't bother me about it but my dad made it very clear that if it got serious he wanted to meet HIM. If only he knew 'him' was a 'her'.

Later that night I got a text from Alex as I was sleeplessly lying in my bed.

"Hey you should come back tonite..." -A

"And why is that?" - C

"... Cody misses you..."-A

I blushed when I realized she really meant she missed me. I decided to have some fun with it.

"It's okay to admit you miss me ya know."- C

"Wrong answer. You were supposed to say you missed us too! Lol"- A

"So you're admitting you miss me?" -C

"Hmmm i'll think about it. Goodnight ;)"- A

"Goodnight Alex"- C

My heart raced texting her. Truthfully I did miss her a little. I missed her endless teasing and the smell of her perfume that always teased my nostrils. I missed the sexy look she always had when she took off her helmet and walked away from her motorcycle. As much as I hated that thing she looked so damn hot riding it. And of course I missed Cody. He's been getting so big. And even if she couldn't directly admit it, I knew she missed me too. What I would give to read that crazy mind of hers.