Pt 2

Alex pov

As much as I wanted to go running for the door I couldn't. If I had known this day was gunna end up like this I might not have come. But then theres Carmen. A simple girl who makes things easy and yet scary at the same time. I can't say no to her. Any other girl would have been dismissed already but i'm so weak around her. It's easy to open up  and let loose a little and I can feel myself losing the control i'm used to having. So when her next question is "What's your family like?" I answer.

"I don't really have any family left. I have 2 cousins that live hours away. My parents both passed away in a boating accident. That's kinda how the coffee shop fell into my lap. As well as the building I live in and a car dealership." I looked down to the ground. No one understood how uncomfortable I was in this situation right now. But I couldn't bring myself to leave. Everything that is Carmen has me trapped here. Her intense blue eyes and adorable dimples. The way she looks so gentle and soft makes me want to just hold her. As much as i've held back on affection my body still aches to touch her. I just won't until I know she wants it too.

She was asking me about things I never tell anyone and somehow they slip right out when she asks.

"I'm sorry for your loss." She spoke with a sympathetic expression.

"It's okay. I don't really think about it too much." I lied. The truth is I miss them every day. People really take for granted how lucky they are when they have a mom to talk to about relationships with and vent to when they are stressed. Or a dad to take them outside and show them new things.

"Did you ever come out to them?" She asked. We were completely off script now but I just went with it.

"I guess so. I never really told them but my mom knew. She told me she didn't care as long as I was happy. She said she could always tell I never looked at guys the way most girls would. And my dad never said anything about it. He treated me the same so I guess he didn't care either. He wasn't a talkative person." I laughed.

"Im curious to know how much your family knows about you." I teased. I watched her cheeks blush as she looked away.

"They know about you. They know we've gone on dates. Im sure they assume you are a guy but I don't see a need to tell them otherwise just yet. Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss." She smiled.

I wanted so badly to get out of this awkward dating phase with her. I don't know if I want to make it official yet but I definitely want her to know that I want her. And i'll be damned if I leave this place without a kiss tonite.

She broke me out of my thoughts when she asked "Are you hungry?" 

"I am actually. Do you wanna order pizza?" I suggested. She nodded standing up to go make the call. When she came back she started grabbing the stuff on the floor and cleaning up. I started helping her but decided to have some fun instead.

I took the stack of sticky notes and placed one on her back when she wasn't looking. She turned around and looked at me curiously.

"Did you just touch my back?" She asked smiling.

"No?" I lied trying to hide my smile. She turned again to finish cleaning up and again I stuck a note on her shoulder. I tried to look busy so she wouldn't be suspicious. I saw her reach behind her and grab one of the notes.

She took one of her own notes and stuck it on me. "Tag, your it." She whispered seductively in my ear. I turned and looked her in the eye with a grin on my face. After a pause she flew off running down a hallway and into another room. I took off after her but as soon as I entered the room she snuck up next to me and put another note on my face before running off. I took it off again and chased her into what looked like her bedroom.