On Our Way

(This Chapter is from Diamond's Eyes)

We pulled out of the driveway in my car, and I turned down the volume of my music. No time for cheerful songs. This is serious.
"Alright, where is this abandoned house?" I asked, and Moon opened the directions on her phone. After searching for a minute, she got the right way.
"Take a left..." She directed me, and I turned the wheel and went left. "Now, drive until Pine Rd. and then take a right." I nodded and we cruised down the road. We were all dead silent, and Vix peered over from the back seat at the road. Her black-gloved hands gripped the seats, her black nails digging into the cushiony fabric. When we approached Pine Rd. I turned right and Moon kept giving me directions.
Eventually we turned down the road... Golden Street. The car felt like it went cold, and I swear Vix and Moon stopped breathing. We drove past the nice, modern houses, trying to find any abandoned house.
"What's that!?" Vix gasped, and I slammed on the breaks, making everyone lurch forward. We all looked to Vix's side, and saw an alleyway. It was big enough for my car, so I gulped and slowly pulled into the alley. Even though it was 6 p.m. and still light out, it got darker as we pulled farther into the alley. Sure enough, as some of the overgrown plants cleared, a dull, gray colored, old fashioned house with chipped paint appeared. To our horror, something was written in blood on the door. I parked the car and we all were paralyzed for a moment, wondering who will get out first.
"So..." I murmured, staring at the crumbling house. "We go read the written in blood message?"
"I-I guess..." Vix whispered, and she shakily opened the car door. I slid out next, and Moon followed. I made sure the car was locked, shoved the key in my pocket and advanced to the abandoned house.
We all got up to the door silently, close enough to read the message. It was written in blood, but the message was only two words, so we weren't really close. Vix read it aloud.
"Wrong way," She whispered, and fear gripped my heart. Wrong way? But how... I gazed around the house, searching for any clue of how to get in.
"Fuck this," Moon growled, and stomped forward. Vix whipped around, alarmed. Moon gripped the doorknob, and turned. Vix gasped, but nothing happened. It was locked.
"DAMMIT!" She screeched, and kicked the door with full force. The wood broke under her, but the door didn't open. Something was keeping it from opening. She ran her fingers through her boy-short blue hair and sighed. Just then, I got an idea. Maybe a back door?
"Guys!" I gasped, turning to them. Vix and Moon raised their eyebrows, and I waved a hand, starting to walk around the house. "What about a back door?"
"Great idea," Moon stated, and they followed me quickly. We turned the corner of the eerie house and then approached the back. Sure enough, there was a door there, but there were chains hooked all over it with a big, fat lock. On the window of the door, a backwards message was written. It said, 'Tixe' but I knew that it was meant for people inside to see- Exit.
"How the hell is that an exit!?" Vix spat. "It has chains hooked all over it. There's no way to get out unless someone outside had something to break the chains, or if someone had a key for that huge lock."
"Eleanor has the key," I muttered. "And that's the purpose. You don't get out alive." Vix and Moon were silent, and I turned to them. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw Moon, though. Her eyes were narrowed, her purple bangs hiding half of her face. Her nails dug into her palms, and she bit her lip. She looked utterly pissed.
"Moon..." I whispered, and Vix saw it too. Moon shook a little, the broke out into a scream.
"WORTHLESS MOTHERFUCKER!" She howled, and slammed the window with her fist at full force. The window shattered, and she was left with a scratched up palm. She was breathing heavily in anger.
"Nice," Vix commented, and turned to me. "Diamond, you're the lightest, you should go in first."
"O-Okay..." I murmured, a little nervous. Moon wrapped her arms around my was and picked me up, gently pushing me in feet first. As soon as my feet hit the hardwood floor, I knew something was up with this place. I was in a small room, and there was another door in front of me with a window. I peered through the window, seeing a hallway and a few rooms, and stairs leading down. God, this place was so creepy.
"Incoming Vix!" Moon announced, and I stepped to a side, grabbing Vix's black boots as she slid in. She landed safely, and brushed her black bangs to the side. Next, Moon hauled herself in, and Vix lunged forward, grabbing Moon's waist as she got into the standing position. As she stood upright, her lips brushed Vix's, and they both flushed into a bright red. I always thought they were crushing on each other, even though they had boyfriends. No, they aren't blood sisters, so it doesn't matter really. But, enough of that.
"Alright..." Vix whispered, still a little flushed. "So, through the second door?"
"Yeah..." Moon said after, and I turned the knob. The door opened easily, and I stepped out, my black converse pressing onto the old, moldy rug outside of the door. Ew...
"Here we go," I breathed as Vix and Moon stepped in behind me. This was going to be pretty interesting...