Chapter IV : BESTIES

Real friends are those who come to your place and disturb your nap time.

----------------

The next morning, I woke up before my alarm clock. It's 7 AM and too early to wake up but someone's already disturbing my sleep!

"Hey Mi, wake up..."

"Hmm...Go away intruder! I'm still sleepy!"

The disturbance continued, "Get up you lazy bones!" She started shaking me up. I whisked her hands away, trying to get more sleep, "Please give me five more minutes!" My intention to sleep more was totally ruined when the intruder hysterically laughed. I forced my eyes to open to see who's making that exaggerated noise. I felt her jumping up and down my bed while laughing. Still rubbing my left eye, I started looking for my eyeglasses using my other hand. The intruder was kind enough to help me put on my eyeglasses. I saw my best friend, Zec, smiling at me like a proud winner! She knew that she interrupted my sleep! I threw a pillow at her and laughed as it landed successfully on her annoying smiling face.

"Wake up already! You always ask for five more minutes! I am sorry my friend, but I am not Miss Isabel!"

"What? How did you know that? You're not even my classmate! And you are absent yesterday."

"Of course! I am the great Zec! Especially now that you have a new friend. So, when did the two of you started hanging out? Yesterday, during and after class, you're glued to her! I'm gone for a day and all of that happened! Spill the beans, Millie Jeans!"

"Am I really that blind not to see you or you obtained the power of invisibility?"

She threw back the pillow at me, "Don't change the subject! When did you and that spoiled brat became friends?"

I froze for a second, deciding whether if I should tell Zec or not. Is it okay? She's my best friend and I don't want to keep secrets from her. Will Azil be mad at me? Should I ask her first? I think some of Azil's friends knew about us. But to be sure, I will ask her first, for her permission.

I cautiously said, "Azil and I... um, we're friends since we started our sophomore year."

"Really? I did not know that!", she suspiciously replied.

I added, "You know... we're not really close before but we tried hanging out yesterday. And... she's fun to be with! I think, you'll like her too!"

"What's change? I mean, you are not close to her before but why start now?", she asked in disbelief.

"Well, your best friend is so friendly and I felt like I needed to accommodate all my fans."

She playfully pinched my arm but she's not satisfied with that! She body wrestled me! Ugh! She's so heavy! Poor me! I forcefully tried to be on top of her because I can't breathe properly. She get off of me when she noticed that I'm having trouble breathing. There's a major difference in our body mass index!

I joked, "Zec you're so heavy! You need to start checking your weight on a daily basis! I need to sleep more. It's too early. I still have an hour before my wake up time."

She's not fat. I'm only thin compared to her. She playfully slapped my right cheek then laughed. She got off me and I closed my eyes again. Before I could start to doze off, she said, "I already made you breakfast. Your favorite bacon is waiting for you. Let's eat then we'll go somewhere else before going to school."

After I heard bacon, I was fully awake, "Why didn't you tell that first!" I hurriedly went to the kitchen and left her at my room.

I was eating halfway my second servings of fried garlic rice with bacon and eggs when Zec decided to join me, "Wow! You really have an appetite for bacon! You are so rude! I'm still talking to you and you left me there! Am I the only one who misses you? I miss you even if it's just yesterday!"