Chapter III : JELLY ELLIE

I'm happy when she's jealous. It's nice to know she's afraid to lose me.

----------------

I opened my eyes and looked around. I wondered how I got home. The television is on and some cartoon show was playing. I stretched my arm to grab the remote control so I could change the channel but I felt that there's someone poking at my side. I can't see the person who's poking me. I tried to push it away from me but the poking didn't stop. I realized that I am still sleeping and someone's trying to wake me up. I muttered, "five more minutes please!"

I heard stifled laughters. Something inside me, told me to wake up. My body jolted up on instinct. The poking on my side stopped and I saw a person beside me. I didn't recognize her. She's a new student teacher, looks like she's two or three years older than us. She smiled at me and said, "Hello there, cutie! Wakey! wakey! Good thing I am not Mr. P!"

Mr. P is our English teacher in this class. He's strict so if he caught you sleeping at his class, he will send you directly to the principal's office.

Miss Student Teacher pinched the tip of my nose before leaving me dumbfounded. She continued her lecture as if nothing happened. Why didn't I hear her waking me up? My quick nap took longer than it should be. So embarrassing!

And what did she call me? A cutie? Gosh. I am flattered!

I fixed my wrinkled clothes and sat up straight. I grabbed my notebook and start writing the notes written on the blackboard. Her teaching is not boring unlike Mr. P. I hope she could permanently replace Mr. P! I'm starting to enjoy this class now! I chuckled at how much I am being harsh to Mr. P.

As I write my notes, I feel that someone is staring at me, so I checked from my left to right. Cyclops' laser eyes is glaring at me again. And it's super scary! The smile on my lips vanished as soon as my eyes met Azil's. I whispered to her nervously, "Hi Azil! Why are you looking at me like that? Do you need something from me?" She raised an eyebrow at me and then hmpff'ed me. She put on her earphones again and got busy writing on her notebook. I went back taking notes before our substitute teacher replace her writing on the blackboard.

When the lunch bell rang, I gathered all my things up as soon as our class ended. Azil ran outside the room without saying anything to me. What's her problem? Is this her time of the month? She's sweet to me this morning but her friendly aura turned hostile so quickly! I never knew she's a moody type of person like me. But I promise that I will always be nice to her in spite of our temperamental differences. Some of our mutual friends thought of Azil as childish. Maybe this is her, acting like a child now or she's having her tantrums. I don't know how would I pamper her. I needed to learn more on how to engage with a child having tantrums.

I started looking for her. Where would that gorgeous girl go? I properly fixed the position of my eye glasses at my nose, so I can see clearly. I searched almost everywhere. My final search were the restrooms and there she was! I saw a glimpse of her orange backpack and went inside one of the cubicles. Luckily, there's no one else inside, as I barged in dramatically. I knocked at her locked cubicle door, "Hey, Azil? Are you alright?" She did not respond so I knocked again.

She shouted, "Why are you here? Leave me alone!" Her voice sounded hoarse. Was she crying again? My girl is a certified cry baby.

"Hey are you okay in there? It's lunch time. Zec didn't attend her classes today. So, let's eat together."

I jumped out of my skin when she opened the door harshly. The door made a loud thud at the wall. I looked at her puffy eyes, still red from crying. She held my hand as she stared back at me. I gently touched her cheeks. The stain of her tears were still there.