Chapter 7

Amanda's POV

The librarian woke me up the next morning. I think that she thought that I had fallen asleep why doing work. I found Alex before class started and she could see that I was thinking.

"We need a really good prank," I told her.

"Who did what to you?" she asked.

I told her the story about last night.

"I thought that Cassie would be nicer than that," Alex said.

"She is friends with Briar, what do you expect?"

"Well, I think that after that we are going to have to think long and hard about this and figure out a really good prank."

The bell rang and we headed to English. Myles was glaring at the whiteboard and he didn't look happy. I didn't say anything to him because I didn't want to anger him more. Our teacher came in and told us to start working on our project so I had to talk to Myles.

"I'm not in the mood," he told me.

"Neither and I but I want to get this done and it means working with you," I told him.

Myles muttered something under his breath that I couldn't hear but he started working with me. He didn't say anything that wasn't do to with the project and he didn't say much related to that either. He got a detention from our teacher after snapping at one of the boys in our class.

"See you later," I said when we left the class.

He didn't say anything and headed in the opposite direction.

"Fine, I guess that I won't be nice to you either," I muttered.

Alex joined me and so did Ryder. We hadn't talk about yesterday's argument and we seemed to have just moved past it. I don't know what to do about it because I like Ryder and I don't want this to get in between us.

"Are we planning tonight?" Alex asked.

"Yeah but I think we should do it in your room," I noted.

She laughed and we headed to our next class. I ended up in detention later again and Myles was already sleeping on the desk. The teacher running detention looked at me and I smirked at him. I sat down at my desk and started to work.

Our teacher had to leave early and everyone else left detention. I stood up and noticed that Myles still hadn't woken up. I moved between the desks and stood next to him. I started to shake him and it took me at least a minute to wake him up.

"What happened?" he groaned

"The teacher had to leave early so we are able to go," I told him.

He stood up and rubbed sleep out his eyes.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" he asked.

"You look really tired a lot of the time," I told him.

"I'm fine"

"Are you sure because you don't look fine"

"I'm fine now go bother someone else"

"I was just asking"

"And I was just telling you that I am fine," he said and left the class room.

I stood there for a minute before heading up to Alex's room. I spent the whole time thinking about what Myles had said. I didn't think that I was out of line asking him he was alright given he was so tired a lot of the time but clearly he took that the wrong way. I was just asking.