Chapter Six: Shellraiser

One week. It had been an entire week since I came here. I don't think I can take it any longer. Shredder must be getting inpatient.

“Are you okay?” Mikey asked. I realized that I had fallen off the couch last night, and my shoulders were aching. It had been a week since I found the comfortability of a couch. The last time I had a good rest was when I accidentally fell asleep at a mattress store. That was when I was only ten, thinking about what to give Eva for her birthday. Unfortunately, they were too expensive.

“Yeah.” I said, getting up off the cement floor only to make my head hurt.

Great.

“You don't look so good.” Mikey commented, and then his eyes lit up like he had a brilliant idea, “I know just the thing that will cheer you up.”

It wasn't a minute until Mikey came back, a pizza box in his hands. “It's my favorite. It has anchovies, jellybeans, and jalapeños.” he said, pointing to each topping as he said them.

“Thanks.” I said, taking a slice, not sure how it was going to taste. The cheese was lopping on the sides, and I wondered how old it was.

Taking a small bite, I was surprised on how delicious it tasted. I took another piece of pizza, and Mikey started laughing. “Hey, I'm hungry too.” he said, moving the pizza box away, taking two slices before doing so.

“So where's the other guys?” I asked. “Oh, they're most likely on a Krang hunt.” Mikey said, his eyes looking down as he spoke.

“Why didn't they bring you?” I asked, and I almost immediately knew that that was a bad question. “I'm not exactly the smartest shell.” he admitted, and I wondered how long he knew that.

He sighed, not looking at me. “Did they take anything with them?” I asked, and he shook his head.

“No. Shellraiser is still here.” he replied. “Shellraiser?” I asked, not comprehending. “Oh that's right, you haven't been on the Shellraiser yet, have you?” Mikey said in more of a comment than a question.

“Come on. It's wicked cool.” he said, yanking my arm before I could protest.

***

I didn't know what to expect when Mikey brought me to the Shellraiser. It sounded like a rollercoaster, but I knew immediately to rule that out when I saw it.

Shellraiser was like a giant box with wheels, something like a small bus from London. Inside, Mikey told me all the controls, who works where, and what they usually do with it.

“And this is my favorite thing about Shellraiser.” Mikey said as if he were a tour guide, taking me to the front.

“Raph works here with weapons.” he told me, sitting down in the chair. “What I wouldn't do to work the weapons.” he said, more to himself than to me.