Chapter Twenty-Three: Telepathical

I woke up with a start. The Krang weren’t there anymore, but actual foot soldiers, and Shredder was standing over me, his retractable blade out.

    “I’ve missed you daughter.” he said, but he didn’t place his hand on my shoulder like what had happened in the dreamscape.

    “Now, for the turtles demise.” he said, and I looked to their sleeping bodies. It was instinct for me to jump in front of my father.

    I still had my bow and arrows in hand. Could I really shoot him now? No. He was too close. He could kill me in a second.

    “Get out of the way.” he commanded. “No.” I said, trying to make my voice calm, but it didn’t go that way.

    “I said get out of the way.” he repeated, his voice more strict, and his blade glimmered in the moonlight.

    “No.” I repeated, and he was about to hit me with his blade when I practically screamed,

    “Wait!”

    He held back a little, but I knew that he would strike me without another thought. Being his daughter didn’t mean anything.

    “I’ll go with you.” I told him. He raised an eyebrow (I think, I don’t know he’s wearing a mask), and I continued.

    “If you don’t harm the turtles, I’ll go with you.” I proposed. There was silence for a moment.

    “What could you do for me?” he questioned. I froze. I only said what I could think of quickly, so he wouldn’t kill the turtles. Now he was wondering what was so special about me.

    “I’m the only family you have left.” I told him, and then I added, “I’m a Senkensha.”

    There was silence again, and he pointed his blade to my face, so close to my eyes, Tang Shen’s eyes.

    “I can show you Tang Shen. I can show you anything you want through your past.” I quickly said, and then I gulped, “We can be unstoppable.”

    “Just you and me.” I continued, “You can train me to be a kunoichi, and then I can take down the turtles. I can do your dirty work.”

    “Father.” I finished.

    There was a pause. “Keep the turtles where they are,” Shredder ordered, “and take my daughter back to the lair. Make sure she’s blindfolded.”

    I didn’t protest as foot soldiers grabbed my bow and arrows, placed my hands behind my back, and the last thing I saw was my half-sister before they coated my eyes with a blindfold.

***

        Karai

***

    “Ellie?” I asked outloud. I had heard what she had said. I just couldn’t believe her. She was stupid, but it was the only way to keep us alive.

    For now.

    “What?” Raph asked, not understanding what I meant. “You didn’t hear that?” I asked, and he shook his head.

    “Never mind, let’s find the others.” I said quickly. Raph narrowed his eyes at me again.

    I knew he still didn’t trust me. We’ve had our ups and downs. Anyone could tell that he didn’t trust Ellie either, even though I was sure they’ve been through a lot.

    He wanted to be ruthless, the way I was brought up. But he was brought up by Splinter, my real father, and he’s learned more than that. Better than that.