Chapter Twenty-Two: Fear Simulation

Sorry for the delay. I had writers block, and it was difficult since a lot of stuff was happening all at the same time.

    It had been three days since June had gone missing, and we couldn’t find anything that could explain anything.

    The same thing had happened to April. I wondered if it would happen to other people.

    Now we were doing our nightly patrol. Everything was fine until we saw the foot roaming around.

    “Let’s go.” Leo said, and we jumped down to where the foot were.

    I put my bow to use (besides firing arrows), hitting them with the wood part. It was surprising how easy it was to defeat the foot when you had a weapon and other people with you.

    “That was easy.” I said, feeling somewhat accomplished. Leo was about to say something when more foot soldiers came.

    “Alright!” Raph said in excitement, twirling his sais. I noticed that these foots (or is it fee) weren’t fighting back, but dodging every move we made at them.

    I grew a little irritated since I couldn’t attack anybody without killing them (if I used my arrow).

    “Why aren’t they attacking?” Raph asked in annoyance. I squinted my eyes for a moment, having a feeling.

    I took an arrow and aimed one at the head of one of the foot. “What are you doing?” Leo asked, his voice alarmed.

    He thought I was going to kill a man. I ignored him, pulling back the string. I felt Leo’s hand go onto mine, and I looked to him.

    “Trust me.” I said, concentrating on staying at this tense. He looked at me for a moment, and he withdrew from my hand.

    I shook a little like when someone wakes you up and you weren’t expecting it. I drew the string back, taking a deep breathe.

    Please be right. I thought to myself.

    And I released.

***

    It impaled him on contact. He fell back obviously, and sparks came from the wound.

    “The Krang?!” Leo said in alarm. They were now surrounding us, and we attacked.

    I fired arrows instead of hitting them with the wooden part of the bow. “Why are the Krang dressed up as the foot?” Donny asked, dodging one of them.

    I didn’t exactly have an answer, sticking one of my arrows into one of the Krang’s head.

    At the same time, we fell down since we were all outnumbered. As I struggled, I felt something get jabbed into my neck, and I blacked out.

***

    I woke up with a start. I thought it was just a dream, but when I looked around, I was surrounded by darkness.

    I didn’t like the dark when I was alone. I stood up, relieved to feel my bow and arrows still there.

    “Welcome,” a male’s voice called from somewhere, but I didn’t know where, “you are in a simulation. In this little game, you will have to survive through your fears.”

    “And what if I don’t?” I asked to the darkness.

    “Then you will stay in the simulation forever.” the voice replied. Please make me be dreaming.

***

        Leo