Chapter Eighteen: Senkensha

As I told Donny more and more of what I had in mind, he didn't seem so excited. "Why are you even doing this?" he asked.

    "Dude, there's a human out there who is in danger, and you're heart broken because you couldn't do anything about it.

    "June might be the only person we can turn to for information, and you want to blow it off?" I told him, folding my arms in disappointment.

    Donny was silent for a moment, thinking things through. "I just don't think it's a good idea." he said.

    He looked down. I touched his shoulder as if that would make him feel better, but as I did, I was somewhere else.

    I was in some kind of black and white checker board room. Everything was spinning, and I could see the turtles and dog pound going through it, working together to destroy small cannons that were firing at them.

    The scene faded when I took my hand off of Donny. I must have had a shocked expression on my face because Donny was wondering what was going on.

    "Are you okay?" he asked as I backed up.

    What the hell was that? "I, I, I don't know." I stuttered, backing up still. "I saw dog pound and my brothers." he told me, but I was already out of the lab.

***

    "I see, Ellie." Splinter said, brushing his thin beard. If there was anyone who could tell me about what was going on, it would be Splinter.

    I told him about the dreams I had about Tang Shen and Greg, June being a lead to April, and what had happened with Donny.

    "I just don't understand anything anymore. It's like I've just woken up and didn't remember anything." I stopped myself from saying anything else.

    "I was in a car accident." she stated, "I can't exactly remember much before it." I remembered what June had said.

    Something wasn't adding up. I needed to talk to June again.

    "Have you ever heard of a Senkensha?" he asked, looking to me.

    A Senkensha? "No." I said honestly.

    "Back in Japan, there were people who could see the past and sometimes future through dreams and even from coming in contact with another." Splinter told me.

    "So you're saying that I'm a Senkensha?" I asked. He thought for a moment. "It is possible. It usually goes through bloodline, but Tang Shen wasn't one."

    Then I remembered my father. "Do you think-" I began, but Splinter cut me off.    

   "There is a possibility that your father was a Senkensha. After all, that could be the reason why he asked the foot to kill you and Tang Shen." he said.

    "But that doesn't make sense. How could Karai be born with you and then have me?" I asked.

    "I think there is a way to find out." Splinter said. I looked at him curiously. "Oh, no, no, no." I protest, waving my hands in disagreement, "It feels too real, Sensei."

    He eyed me, and I sighed. "I guess I don't really have a choice do I?" I asked, folding my arms.

    Splinter nodded, and I groaned in annoyance. "Here goes nothing." I said, pressing my hands in Splinter's, and I closed my eyes.

    I was now in a small house. Still, I couldn't see what Tang Shen looked like, but I knew it was her. Her stomach wasn't swollen.

    Splinter was there, touching her hand to comfort. "The doctor said she's gone. I lost her." Tang said, her voice sad, and I realized that she was crying.