Chapter 1

It was still dark out, the trees and grasses were moist and the forest almost seemed abandoned.
Esme laid blissful asleep- if a person were to see her, they would think she was dead- little of her silk chestnut hair which now held dried grass laid on her pale face. Her features were obscured by the darkness of the early morning and the day sang a certain song of, fortune....perhaps.

The sun rose later in the day from the horizon but she still laid still, like she was dead. Everything came into clearer view. In an instant, her eyes fluttered open as she slowly sat up, hunched. Her hair was ruffled and her skin wet from the grass. She took careful note of her surrounding, she was under a weeping willow which almost hid her from the rest of the world- this she would've found comfort in if she had an idea where she was. She yawned loudly, and shrunk back into the tree, a little frightened by herself.

She sat at the root of the willow and tried to remember or recall the previous day but she couldn't, this frightened her. She stood up with little support from the tree and tried shouting but she couldn't find her voice, she held her throat and tried to speak but wasn't able. After two or three tries, she gave up.

She sat quietly under the willow (not that she could talk of course) confused; she sat for hours until her stomach growled. She stood up, her limbs felt numb but she soon stretched them out. She remembered nothing of how she got where she was but as worried as she felt, she felt safe and at that moment, hungry.

She took cautious steps out of her safe harbour - the willow- and as she took the last step out, she was hit with the sunlight which momentarily blinded her, she shaded her eyes with her hand as she shrunk back into the willow. Now, she slowly stepped out again, now aware of what to expect (now, you must remember, she had no memory of where she was or how she got to where she was but she did recall little details of who she is.) Esme
looked around and found she was on a hill-like structure, she didn't exactly know what.
She couldn't speak out so she decided to speak in, "oh dear God, where do I find food?"  She asked. Alas, we should all suppose her reaction to finding herself in an unknown place would be inevitably panic, but I suppose she hadn't reached that stage or perhaps it's just not in who she is....I don't know.

Esme hiked and hiked and hiked for hours but found no food, apperently, it was a willowly valley. Every mile or to she walked, always led her to a different willow and she was exhausted. She wasn't used to such work. Soon enough her wits gave in and she collapsed- I can't say much of what happened after that, who knows, maybe that's how she was under the first willow we found her, let's continue.

Once more, her eyes fluttered open after hours of rest and she got up and continued her walk, she seemed to know where she was headed but I myself do not know. She managed to walk another mile or so then collapsed; she wasn't hungry anymore, now she was thirsty.
She got up again (this should be the third time) and practically dragged her self forward, her body begged for rest but she continued until she couldn't move any longer.
She laid motionless for hours under the hot sun and closed her eyes but she had to go a little longer without food and water before she could die, this devastated her.
From afar there was a sound like the stumping of a horse's hooves and it drew closer, she wasn't dead, she was just tired; she could hear her heart in her head as she tried to wave but she just couldn't. Hope left her and she sighed.
She no longer heared the hooves, she wanted to cry but she couldn't find tears so she just sobbed... she found her self being lifted from the grass and she was sure she was dead "well it's good, I'll explain everything to God when I see Him, I'm sure He'll understand" she sighed- it was a thought, she couldn't speak. After a while, she found that she was bouncing up and down up and down, all over again in a very uncomfortable way, "was the ride to judgement soo uncomfortable? " she asked herself, she wanted to open her eyes but she was too tired.