Chapter 13

Esme would occasionally work with her father in the court to get her mind off idle thoughts that often found thier way into her mind.

Now, she sat on her canopy bed covered with a blanket. It had started to snow in Edemore and she particularly liked the weather. She turned and looked at her seed in a can and wondered to herself if it would survive this weather.
She was expecting Phil to pay her a visit and once she remembered, she rang her bell and sent for her maids.
Esme stood as she was dressed in a thick woollen black dress with white seams, a white knitted collar and a white pearl necklace.
Esme walked down to the court-she was too used to being there- and on her entering, she was sent away by her father, she'd interrupted his meeting. She flushed and walked out.
Esme was now confused as to what to do, she walked aimlessly through the hall ways and soon stopped at the door way to the ball room; it hadn't been used in years, not since her mother's death- the thought made her chest hurt and she placed her hand on it, patting it tenderly. The earliest memory she had of it was that of her fathers wrath, she shivered. She walked into the room- it was large; the walls were diamond encrusted and the room was painted beige and several lighter shades. On the walls, there were several pictures of the past kings and queens who'd ruled, dancing. She smiled, on the east wall amongst other pictures laid a picture of her father and mother; she drew nearer to it, awe struck perhaps, and looked into her mother's eyes, a tear rolled down her cheek.
She left the picture and looked around the room once more, beside the fire place on a slightly elevated stage stood a piano forte and soon the room looked alive. She walked cautiously towards it and sat and played. Her eyes were closed and soon, all the grieve she knew left her as she played an unknown song.
Mother's death, fathers neglect, my disdain,
She played,
Rosie's tales, my beliefs, my stone plane
Found with wrath, withered rage, earthly gain
She played,
Then I was found
Loose from my bounds,
See through the clouds.
I've found my way
Everyday, without a bay.
Finding myself, you've found me, and now, you are me,
And we are free
In our own mellow breeze, you've found me.
She stopped and looked up into the glass ceiling, "you've found me," she smiled and wiped away her tears.