Chapter XXIV

>>> Autumn Rose <<<
    The nymph spoke, her eyes glowing with omniscience.
    "Millennia ago, five races ruled the earth. The Humans, Vampires, Werewolves, the Nymphs, and the Dragons. The five races lived in harmony together. They aided each other, using their individual abilities to help the others. Together, they flourished in peace. Then, there was a terrible war. Too long ago for the purpose to be remembered, all the races suffered. Its result was the extinction of the Dragons.

"The Nymphs harvested some of the Dragons' power, using dark magic to put some of the Dragons' souls into stones. The Nymphs made twelve stones, each locked in a separate location across the world. The stones were kept a secret for centuries, only known by the Nymphs. Then one fateful day, the Humans found one of the stones. The destruction caused by the new Dragon was awful. Unable to control the Dragon, the four races came together and made peace. They agreed there was no choice but to kill the Dragon, which would also destroy the stone.

"After that day, there was peace once more. Once the dragon was slain, the Nymphs decided the stones had to be locked away, each with a key. As time passed, keys made of silver were crafted. Each key was shaped to the form of the Dragon, trapped in the stone. The colour of the Dragon's eyes in the key matched the colour of the Dragon Stone. Small enough to be a necklace, the Nymphs wore them as such around their necks. Over the years, the stones became widely forgotten. The Nymphs, who were in possession of the keys, spread them across the Earth, to the different races.

"Thousands of years ago, a new war broke out. The keys and stones were rediscovered by the Humans. Jealous of the power of the stones, and believing themselves to be the supreme race, they wished to possess all eleven, to destroy the other races. The Vampires, and Werewolves, threatened by the Humans, became determined to recover the stones to destroy the other three races. The Nymphs, wiser than the Humans, Vampires, and Werewolves, stole away the keys and hid in the woods. They used their magic to enchant the forests they inhabited. The Nymphs isolated themselves from the rest of the world.  They lived in hiding, not seen since those days.

    "About two centuries ago, a few shepherds set out with a flock of sheep. The grass they found was perfect for grazing. They built a town, and named it Shepherd's Rest. Their town was small, but it was comfortable. Strangers and travellers who passed by stayed at the town in progress, helping the shepherds build it. When the shepherds offered for the travellers to stay and live at the town, some accepted and some declined. Today, Shepherd's Rest is still a small town, but it flourishes.

"Among these Shepherds were Chase Ashfield, Artemis Rose, and Daniel Hawethorne. The trio of werewolves disguised themselves among the humans, and settled in Shepherd's Rest, thinking of it as an opportunity for new beginnings. They came to Shepherd's Rest intending for it to become a safe haven to other werewolves. They built a lair under ground, that they might be able to hide if need be.

"Among the wandering strangers were Scarlet Oakley, and other Vampires. Originally unaware of the werewolves, they too took refuge in the new settlement as well.

"In a few hundred years from today, there will be a new war. It will be a war for the possession of the keys and the locations of the stones. All four races will battle, using weapons unlike any used in the two wars previous. The outcome of this third battle is yet to be known. There is, however, no doubt it will end in one of two ways. A new peace between the races, or the destruction of three..."