2~Arizona

Lying still as the early morning sun began to rise, I turned to her, "Calliope, rise and shine darling." I leaned closer in and gave her a peck on the forehead.

Slowly, she turned herself so she was facing me, " Morning, my love," she whispered as she came towards me full force, her soft, warm lips pressing me back against the pillow beneath my head.

This moment; pure and utter comfort. We stayed here over several minutes until it hit that the reality of our lives as surgeons was about to kick in. I turned my head after one last kiss, " Callie, time to save some lives. Come on girl."

" Arizona," she whined, " Can't we just skip rounds today. Bailey or Yang or even Karev could fill in for us. We don't need to do post-ops when we could stay in bed, drink some wine, anything. Please!"

As much as the idea fancied me, I couldn't give in. Callie was such a sweet talker and I'm just a hopeless fool for love but she couldn't persuade me this time, could she?

"Callio.."

She cut me off too quick, " Ugh fine. One more kiss? Just for me!"

I was standing currently but as I heard the words spilling out of her mouth, I viscously jumped back on the bed and threw myself at her, knowing she'd embrace me as I did so.

The ache of missing her while giving young children cancer treatments; The desire to spend time with her, just us two at the end of a long night. All that came with Callie Torres, just a part or an addition to my unconditional love for her. Ties that could never break.
My Calliope and I;
The perfect pair.