Epilogue

Nettlestar looked down from the High Rock at his Clan. Blossomheart was giving out patrols in an orderly fashion. As a deputy should. Tigerpelt was telling stories of the Great Battle to the kits in his new place as an elder.

   The warriors talked among themselves happily, and Stone watched her kits be told stories. Nettlestar purred at their new queen. She was a loner walking along the edge of the Thunderpath. A patrol brought her back, seeing her pregnant, Nettlestar immediately took her in. She now had beautiful kits named Eaglekit, Whitekit, Thrushkit, and Rosekit. Now at 2 moons old, the kits loved playing with each other.

   The Clan was healthy and restored with Nettlestar as their new leader. Nettlestar couldn't imagine a better life. A life as it should be. With mistakes, and rewards. With deaths, and with life. It was a good life.

   Nettlestar looked at the sky and purred at it's brilliant cloudless blue. He leaped down to go change Stone's nest, for there were currently no apprentices. He came back with moss and set it down, he went through the nest and found a thistle in the nest of feathers and looked at it confused. His eyes widened and he shuddered.

   The thistle that is found in the feather's nest will prove of great importance. An importance that includes bravery and gentleness that is needed to pull through the darkness.