Chapter 7

Hey guys I know it’s been a while but I’ve had a lot of exams and revision lately. I want to apologise because I wrote this listening to Passenger – Let Her Go and I got a bit emotional. So enjoy…

A few weeks had passed, and me and Cheryl where in her room, watching a film snuggled up in bed. I subconsciously started to play with her hair and she sighed contently. Me and Cheryl had been going out for just over a month and only the girls new about us. Don’t get me wrong I like our little bubble but I think if our families knew then we wouldn’t have to be careful when we cuddle on the sofa or stare to long at each other when our families are around us. Today my mum invited Cheryl, her mum and Garry around for Sunday dinner. We managed to escape the madness after desert. Our mum’s kept making comments about our closeness and I just wanted to tell them then and there, but I had to speak to Chez first. I didn’t doubt that she has feelings for me but we haven’t exchanged the L word yet. And I honestly do love her but I guess it’s a little early to declare my undying love to her.

“Chez?” I wasn’t sure if she was asleep or not so I whispered in her ear. “Yeah?” she asked with a little yawn at the end. “When do you think we should tell our families?” I asked, my voice losing volume at the end of the sentence. She stared at me and my first thought was to run, even though that would be stupid because I live here! “Erm well I don’t really know?” Oh well that was a kick in the stomach. I looked down and didn’t know whether to cry or laugh at my stupidity, of course she doesn’t like me, and no one ever likes me.

“Kimba bear?” Chez asked quietly lifting my chin with her fingers. I looked up, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. “I love you,” I looked into Chezza’s eyes and felt myself falling into the dark brown pools. Am I actually hearing this? Cheryl said she loved me, I must be dreaming right? “E…Excuse me?” I stuttered completely gob smacked. She giggled cupping my face with both her hands and repeating the words I was dying to hear.

“Kimberley Jane Walsh, I love you very much and I hope I haven’t made a big mistake by saying these 3 special words. But I do, I'm not just saying this. I love you and the reason I didn’t answer when you asked about telling our families was because I didn’t think you would ever love me. You’re so amazing and I honestly don’t know what I ever did to deserve you but I must have done something brilliant in a past life,” I giggled feeling all shy suddenly. We sat grinning like idiots staring into each other’s eyes; I edged forward slowly bringing my hand to her face and stroked her cheek. We moved forward as if we were in sync, our lips brushed slightly. As soon as our lips connected I knew this was what love was supposed to feel like.

It's only short but I only had a few spare minutes to write this x