five

A/N: Big stuff happening people.

----------------

"You're not gay, Camila. It's just a phase. Your father will make an appointment with the psychiatrist tomorrow morning." Sinu, Camila's mother stated as her daughter was sobbing.

"Mama, you don't understand. I am gay. I know I am, and seeing a shrink isn't going to fix anything when there isn't even anything to be fixed." Camila tried to convince her mom that the way she's feeling is normal, and that it won't change anything.

Sinu didn't listen though. "Marriage should be between a man and a woman. This is not right, Camila. Why can't you see that I'm just trying to help you. When you get past all this silly 'gay' stuff, you'll be so much happier."

"I'm not going to change!" Camila suddenly exploded, tired of hearing her mother degrade her sexuality. "I like girls, and there's nothing you can do about that! So either you accept me, or you don't."

"No daughter of mine is going to be gay." Sinu spat out. "You might as well just never speak to me until you realize this is foolishness."

"Fine." Camila huffed and ran up to her room. Her mother didn't quite understand that Camila was planning on doing exactly that.

Once she was in her room, she packed a small bag with all the money she had, some clothes, a picture of her and Lauren from second grade, and her lucky banana socks. God knows she needs some luck right now.

She knows that she should talk to Lauren about this, but she couldn't burden her best friend with her family drama.

She knew what she had to do, and that night at 11:57 p.m., was the last time Camila would be in that cozy suburban house.

-------------

Now that woke Camila up right away. She's had that dream a few times since she left home. It only happens when she was reminded of her family.

Camila heard the guest-room door squeak open a bit and small footsteps run up close to her side of the big bed.

Not even seconds later, Camila heard the footsteps travel out of the room.

"She's still sleeping, mommy." The brown eyed girl heard a small voice basically yell through the ajar door.

"Shhh." Lauren reprimanded her daughter playfully for being loud. "We'll just have to wait until she gets up to have breakfast then." Camila knows that it's a small gesture, Lauren waiting to eat a meal until she gets up, but it didn't cease to make the younger girls heart beat insanely.

"Can we just wake her up? I'm hungry." Logan groaned.

Camila heard Lauren's adorable laugh because of what her daughter had said. "No. It's polite to wait."

"I don't care about being perlite, I'm hungry." The younger girl moaned, incorrectly pronouncing the adjective.

Camila decided to put the small child out of her misery and "wake up".

"Morning." Camila made her presence known. Lauren's face lit up right away upon hearing the younger girls raspy voice. "Good morning." Lauren honestly thought Camila's morning voice was adorable and hot at the same time. She noticed that Camila is basically a mix of those two things.

"Yeah, good morning. I'm ready to eat." Logan ran to the table in hopes to start eating right away.

Lauren and Camila chuckled a bit at the hilarious five-year-old. "Uh, are you ready to eat? Logan and I made some eggs and pancakes."