Chapter 9

Chapter Nine: Love Me, Hate Me

Jett spent a large remainder of his time before the performance in his room. He sat with his head in his hands, whimpering slightly. "You were stupid...stupid..." He growled at himself over and over again.

"So, what are you going to do about it, cry baby?" The voice of Erik rang in his ears.

Jett raised his head, looking around in disgust, he stared at the mirror a moment. "I'm going to make her feel hate..." He hissed, picking up his cell phone and wiping his eyes. Jett punched in a number and took a deep breath.

It rung three times before a bubbly voice answered. "Hello, Tina Greyson's office. How can I help you today."

"Hello, uh, can you patch me through to Ms. Greyson." Jett asked, keeping his voice down.

The receptionist on the other end of the line hesitated. "Um, I'm sorry, sir, but Miss Greyson isn't available to talk without appointment. Do you have an appointment?"

Jett rain his hand through his hair and sat down on the sofa in his room. "No...I...listen, just tell her that Jett Devon called and needs to speak with her as soon as physically possible."

"Did you say, Jett Devon? The musical prodigy, Jett Devon?" The receptionist asked, her voice getting giddy and exciting.

"I wouldn't say prodigy..." Jett smirked a little, leaning back on the couch. "Can you just..."

"Please hold." The receptionist pushed a button and Jett was placed on hold.

Jett cursed under his breath and pulled the phone from his ear. Tina Greyson had been an old friend of Jett's back when he was about eighteen. She had been a fabulous talent scout that was very notable among the community. She had even once been Jett's talent agent. But things didn't turn out the best of ways for Jett in that situation.

Tina was a flirt, and a good one at that. The only reason she was of any notice in the community of agents was because she made her way on top by getting under the bosses's skin. She knew how to work with men just the right way to get them to do anything she wanted. And that was exactly how she tried to play Jett.

"Hello?" A voice on the other end of the phone broke the waiting.

Jett put the phone to his ear quickly. "Hello? Miss Greyson?"

"Jett, darling! Oh, how long has it been! No, don't tell me, three years?" Tina exclaimed, nearly breaking Jett's ear drum.

Jett rubbed his ear, sighing heavily before bringing the phone back to his ear. "Yeah...two years. Listen, I need to ask of you a favor..."

~ ~ ~

Genesis was a nervous wreck. She was worried about what the critiques would say when it came to the final performance. She knew that her brother wouldn't be attending any performances till later, but the critiques were much tougher and could make or break a person without a second glance.

She stretched along side Alexis, trying to keep up a small conversation to forget about the nerves. "I can't believe we're back in New York, doing this all again..." She smiled.

Alexis sighed happily. "I suppose you have a point about old NY. There's nothing like it in the world. Close, but nothing exactly like it. Have you talked with Jett today?" She asked, sitting down on the floor and stretching out to her toes.

"No...why?" Genesis asked, going on her tip-toes and spinning around.

"He seemed jumpy...nervous for some reason." Alexis shrugged, coming back up and then stretching again.