Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen: Letters Between Lovers

This is a chapter dedicated entirely to letters exchanged between Jett and Genesis in Jett's moments of absents from the circuit. This is about a week after his encounter with Erik. Enjoy.

Dear Genesis,

It seems like forever ago I talked with you. I ache to see you again, but school is consuming me too much to even consider re-joining the circuit. I miss you dearly. I often can't sleep at night because memories of you float around in my head. I imagine you whispering sweet words in my ear, and holding you in my arms. My mind is flooded with thoughts of waltzing with you for hours. Just the two of us alone...yes, that would be the purest pleasure for me. I feel as if I have betrayed you by leaving you as I did. You were still an amateur with Point of No Return, and I just left you to fend for yourself. Forgive me. I hope that you write back soon.

With much love,

Jett

Dear Jett,

I miss you as well! I wish you the best of luck with your studies, and I hope you can focus enough to get good grades. I wish you were here with us. We just finished another tour in Canada, and then moved to Japan for two weeks. I believe or next stop is Australia, how exciting is that! I'm sure you would love it there. I hope you had a good birthday. Mine was pleasant, but it would have been better with you around. Don't feel bad about the dance though. I found a partner, and we engage well with it. He's not a pig, but quite a gentleman. There is no relationship, save the dance floor. I figured you'd be a bit curious about that. ;) Silly boy.

Miss you, and hope you write back soon.

Love,

Genesis.

Dear Genesis,

A gentleman...I see...not that I'm jealous. I mean...forget that part. I hope you have a fun time in Australia. It is a lovely place, and I've been there many times myself for school trips.You'll enjoy it. Happy belated birthday, my dear love. I'm terribly sorry I didn't send you a present. I feel absolutely awful. What kind of boyfriend am I? Anyway, I had a good birthday, but like you said, it would have been better with you around. I have exams the next two weeks, so wish me luck.

Love,

Jett.

Dear Jett,

Hope your finals went well! Forget the present, I don't need anything. But I thank you for your consideration. But...um...you consider yourself my boyfriend...?

With love,

Genesis.

Dear Genesis,

Was it too steep a word? Perhaps you would have preferred a different term?

Jett.

Dear Jett,

No! Not at all. It's lovely. It really is.

Genesis.

Dear Genesis,

I pray that you forgive my long pause in writing. Exams overcame me, and needless to say I did poorly. I'm quite ashamed with myself. It seems that through it all, only you were on my mind.Never mind that, though, I want to tell you something on another topic. I recently had a check-up, and the doctor found that I have a rather odd form of nodule on my vocal chords. I am ashamed to say this as well, but I'm afraid I can sing no more. Oh, Genesis, I miss you so much! I wish you were here with me or I was with you. Please write me back soon.

Jett.

Dear Jett,

I am shocked and saddened to hear that about your voice! This cannot be so. Tell me it is a lie. We are headed back towards England, and we should arrive there in early summer. There is to be a charity ball there and we are all to attend. We may bring a guest of our liking as well. Would you be interested in coming with me? I long to see you again. I feel as if I am forgetting what your face looks like. I miss you and love you.

Genesis.

Dear Genesis,

It is no lie, although I wish it were. A charity ball? Sounds fair enough. I shall indeed clear my schedule for what it counts, and I would be honored to accompany you. Till then I suppose.

Jett.

Dear Jett,

I recognize it has been nearly a month since I last wrote you, and there are many things on my mind. The first of which is the account of my brother, Tony. I received a letter saying that he was M.I.A. I'm terrified! I'm assuming the worse, but Alexis tells me not to. I miss him, and I feel bad that the last words we exchanged were heated and angered. Jett, I want my brother to be alive! Secondly, there is a strange man that seems to have joined onto our circuit. He is acting as a stagehand, but I feel that every move I make, every where I go, he's right there. I feel his eyes following me, and it freaks me out!

Genesis.

Dear Genesis,

Do not engage conversation with this man. I also think you ought to stay around Alexis or someone else at all times. I have your brother in my thoughts as well. May he be alive and well somewhere. Summer is fast approaching, and I hope to see you soon, my love.

Jett.

Dear Jett,

We are in England.

Genesis.

Dear Genesis,

Where?

Jett.

Dear Jett,

Bristol Theatre. The event starts at eight Friday evening. It is formal.

Genesis.

Dear Genesis,

I shall be there. Look for the gentleman in the black pinstripes. I shall bring you a surprise.

Jett.