F I V E

/Welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life. Done my time and served my sentence - dress me up and watch me die. If it feels good, tastes good...it must be mine. Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight. And if you don't know, now you know.../

"Has anyone else been affected?"

He nodded, painfully. Creating a hole in my heart. I sometimes wish children could be protected from things such as this - but they couldn't.

"May I please have they're names?"

I handed Danny a pencil and a paper as he began to jot down each and every name. Once he was finished I took both items and told Danny he was free to go.

Pounding towards my team I slapped the paper and pencil on the table. Owen looked up at me from his burger, and May looked up from her novel -while Jack still acted like a toddler.

"I need to talk with Mr. Harris -" they gave me confused looks, when I swallowed my fear and balled my fists. "Immediately."

*****

Through the pane of non-reflective glass I watched as Mr. Harris fiddled with his watch. Taking a breath, I joined May inside the interrogation room - taking the seat beside her.

"Is there anything we can get you, Mr. Harris?" I asked sweetly.

"Uh, a small cup of water please." I nodded and did as he requested pouring the small cup and placing it in front of him.

As he sipped at his drink, May and I gave each other knowing glances. I told my team what Danny had confessed to, leading May and I to be the ones to interrogate him.

"How long have you been a Principal, Mr. Harris?" He placed his drink down and cleared his throat.

"Coming up on thirty-five years now."

"Wow, that's pretty impressive. I can imagine your wife is extremely proud." I commented, earning a quizzical look in return.

"Yes, she is. May I ask why I'm here?"

But we didn't answer. I continued pressing the topic of his personal life. "Do you have kids, Jensen?"

"Two sons. But you didn't answer my question. Why am I here?" His voice was dropping as he tried to maintain calm - but I could already see the beads of sweat dripping down his forehead.

"I'm the one, who asks the questions - not you." I warned. If it weren't for May I would've spat in this guy's face right now - but I had to build up his frustration. I had to make him snap.

*****

"Do you know how crazy you sound?!" Owen retorted. I looked at Jensen through the glass as he sat there in silence.

I tried to make him admit, but he didn't. So, I needed a new approach. And Owen didn't like my approach. "You can't just call him out on it! What if that kid is lying?"

"And what if he isn't?!" I snapped. But Owen kept a straight face. Our eyes met, and were boring holes into each other's faces. "All those names, that fear in his eyes - I've seen these guys before, Owen. And they're absolutely sick." He was quiet. "Let me do this," I pleaded. I took his hand into mine and held it in front of his face.

His hand was warm against mine, and even though butterflies erupted in my stomach - I shoved them aside. "Okay," he finally said. "But your not doing it alone."

I smiled. "And when will you ever let me do something on my own?"

"The day they bury me six feet into the ground." I chuckled and pried open the door, with it to be slammed behind me with Owen's arm.