Shuffle Series #2

Shuffle Series #2

+++++

Theme: Based off of the song "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston

Fandom: The Blacklist/Donald Ressler

Word Count:

Warnings: major fluff

Reminder: this will be set up during season 1, when Liz and Tom were living together as a married couple and they wanted to adopt a child

+++++

"Claire, look. We're just going to have a little get together at the workplace. You don't have to glam yourself up.." Liz said, laughing in between.

I nodded my head is disagreement.

"No Lizzy, I do. You might have found your 'Tom', but I'm going to get my 'Donnie' tonight. I will talk to him, watch me!"

We both laughed as I finished applying my last coat of mascara.

"Donnie? I didn't know that you gave Ressler a nickname?"

"Well, he doesn't necessarily know that I've nicknamed him 'Donnie', so don't tell him!"

I looked back at Lizzie and narrowed my eyes as she lifted her hands in surrender. I stood up and straightened the wrinkles out of the mauve dress I chose to wear tonight.

"Ready to go?" I asked Liz.

"Sure. Let's go."

+++++

Liz and I both climbed out of the taxi and walked towards the FBI headquarters. We both scanned our I.D.s and soon we were being greeted by the metal doors of our work.

When we walked threw the doors, Aram immediately ran up to us.

"Liz! Claire! I'm so glad that both of you are here! You both look gorgeous!" He hugged both of us and handed us a glass of punch.

"Thanks Aram."

He smiled and brought us closer to the party. I could see all of our friends: Meera, Samar, Harold... Donald.

"Let's get some music up in here!" Aram shouted and the party festivities began..

+++++

About an hour later, the unit had loosen up and I could even see Donald on the dance floor.

"Claire, now is the time!" Liz shouted, as she was booty bumping with Samar.

Okay Claire, Elizabeth is right. I have to do it now.

As I was walking towards Donald, the music began to change and a slow, Frank Sinatra song came on. I could see all of our colleagues pairing up and slow dancing together.

I knew Liz must've had something to do with this.

But still I walked my way towards Donald and tapped on his shoulder.

"Hey Ressler.."

"Hey Donahue, this party's great isn't it?"

I nodded my head.

"Yeah its been great, I've had a really good time.." I trailed off, still nervous that I'm standing infront of him.

We both had an awkward silence before Donald cleared his throat. I looked up in his eyes and noticed that his pupils were dilated.

"So Claire, would.. I mean only if you want to.. Like you don't have to.. But like.. Would you like to dance.. With me?" He asked.

"Uhh, yeah I'd like that." I smiled and he grabbed my hand, leading me to go dance with him.