Chapter 9

The sun shone brightly against the baby blue sky. There was no cloud in sight and the temperature was warm. Today would feel like the start of any good day but to a certain person in a certain town it wasn’t.

Rose growled at the sun shining on her face. She faced her window shutting the curtains to her room and went back under her covers attempting to get some sleep.

Just when her eyes began to droop the lights were turned on. She threw her head under the pillow trying to ignore the person who had just entered her private sanctuary. It's not like she wanted to stay home but the guys said she needed to rest at least a whole day before she could go back to her old crazy self and go to school.

“Hey!”

Rose recognized the voice and growled. She sat up and glared at Lily's cheeky smile. She threw her pillow as hard as she could to Lily's face but the impact wasn't as great as she had wanted it to be.

“What are you doing here?” Rose asked.

Lily shrugged, "Just wanted to see how you're doing."

Rose lay back down before responding, "I've been better. I mean my head still hurts but not as bad as yesterday."

Lily laughed, "Well you're so lucky you get to stay home and let Mason take care of you."

Rose looked over and rolled her eyes. "Yea Lily I'm so lucky I got attacked and that's the reason I have to stay home."

Lily nodded and pointed downstairs before waving bye. Rose moved out of her bed and started to change when Mason came walking through the door. She covered as much as she could with the shirt she had but it did not stop Mason's eyes from glimpsing at her exposed torso.

"Mason! Shut the damn door!" She screeched.

He shut it but locked it as he made his way over to her. His hands landed on her hips as his lips grazed her neck. "I meant shut the door and leave." Rose commented as the shirt she was holding slipped through her hands.

"I doubt you wan me to leave." While he kept giving her love bites she could feel his smirk. Mason knew he had to stop or they would be in the room the whole day. He brought his lips to hers and the pricks of shock were magnified. He bit her lip before stepping away.

"I'll be waiting downstairs." He smirked before walking out of the room. He could hear her annoyance but he knew he would make it up to her sooner than she thought.

Mason faced Lily and they shared a glare. Travis came waltzing in interrupting their silent argument. "Hey guys." Travis greeted. Mason nodded to him and served himself some cereal.

Rose came bouncing down with shorts and a blue pullover. She sat on Mason's lap stealing Travis's banana. "I really don't see why I have to stay home."

Travis shook his head. "It's just to make sure you're absolutely okay. Just think of your brother and your mate being overprotective." With that said Travis and Lily made their way out of the house and to school.

Rose laid her head on Mason shoulder resting her eyes. "Rose don't tell me you're still sleepy?" Rose shushed him before jumping off his lap and making her way upstairs. Two arms wrapped around her tiny waist and held her in place.

Rose laughed in delight before planting a soft kiss on his shoulder. She lifted her head to gaze in his chocolate colored eyes. "So what are we doing today? I will not stay cooped up in the house."

"I don't really have a clue. What do you have in mind?"

Rose thought about it then beamed up at him. "Let's go on a run! Can we?"