Chapter 1 - Drunk old Hercules

Pythagoras's POV

The market square was crammed full of customers who were arriving to buy fresh fruit, vegetables, milk and black olives from the merchants. Hercules lay face flat on the ground snoring loudly. As I walked past cheerily looking forward to the treats of the market stalls I heard him groaning. 

"Good grief Hercules! You are loud"

Rolling over to face me, I began to drag him up from the floor. Opening one eye he grumbled,

"What are you doing?"

Ignoring his question I continued to drag him when I noticed Jason passing by.

"Jason!" I shouted through the crowd of people. Hearing his name he looked around, as if, confused as to who was calling.

"Jason! Jason! Over here it's Pythagoras!" I shouted to him.

He glanced over to where I stood frantically waving my arms around, then he looked down at the ground. Two bare feet stuck out from behind some corroded barrels. Jason ran over to see what the commotion was,

"Give me a hand lifting him. He's not at fit as he says he used to be!" I joked as Jason began to smile. We both began to lift him up as we carried him up into our rooms. We live in a rented flat which is quite comfortable even though it holds all three of us.

As we heaved Hercules up the stairs we reached the apartment, so I began to push the door open. Scared and shocked my mouth dropped open as I realised we weren't the only ones there. In the corner of the room stood a big blue police box and standing next to the box was a tall man with brown floppy hair who wore a strange red hat upon his head and a bow around his neck. He was the strangest looking man I had ever seen.

"Hello." The man said confidently not at all bothered about how terrified we were. No-one spoke to him at first but at a long time Jason stroked over to him to shake his hand when he said," Hello and who are you?"

The man looked at Jason and replied staring him straight in the eyes, 

"I am The Doctor"