Chapter 5 - Entering the cave

Jason POV

This thing actually flys! One minute we are in Pythagoras' apartment, the next we are at the entrance to the cave. The cave where medusa is. The cave in which we'll save her. But how?

This man talks a lot but as of yet he hasn't told us anything about how he'll save her. Only that he will.

"We're here!" The Doctor shouted opening the door, "The cave of Cisthene awaits us. YOU. Me. YOU. US! Now lets go"

"When we find Medusa what are you going to do?" I asked.

"Well, that I don't entirely know," he said looking out into the cave, "but I'm sure I will by then."

 "How encouraging!" I muttered. 

I followed the Doctor out of the box to the entrance of the cave. Layers of slime covered the rocks as we tried to climb over them into the cave. Pythagoras was constantly slipping over the rocks endng up in slime puddles. After climbing over all of the rocks we came to the entrance of the cave.

Darkness illuminated the cave walls and as I started to walk in I felt the cold cover my entire body as the hairs on my arms stuck up. I shuffled along shivering when I looked over my shoulder to see Pythagoras shivering too. The Doctor and Hercules had stormed off infront of us, leaving a trail of light behind them, from their laterns, which we were attempting to follow. 

I looked behind me but I couldn't see Pythagoras,

"Pythagoras! Pythagoras! Where are you?" 

Nothing. No reply. 

"Hercules Wait!" I looked in front to see the last trail of light dissapear until I was surrounded in darkness. 

"Pythagoras? Hercules? Doctor?" 

No reply. 

This was when I realised I was alone.