Chapter 4 - Inside the TARDIS

Pythagoras's POV

As we entered the police box I was flabbergasted to find it was humongous on the inside. It was magic, no it was better than magic. But it couldn't be real how could something be smaller on the outside, bigger on the inside.

As I looked around I saw in the centre of the police box was a tall cylindrical glass tube reaching far and wide from the bottom of the box to the top. There were many little rooms with doorways leading from the main section. Lights of all colours were illuminated across the room as strange noises could be heard from all corners.

Hercules glared at me and I could feel my jaw hanging open. Jason swivelled around to face me. His face as blank as mine but he was able to muffle out a sentence,

"Where are we?"

The for checked his wrist strangely as he glanced at a small metal on next tied around his wrist,

"You are in the exact same place you were 10 minutes ago, your apartment except you are in my TARDIS."                                                                                                                         

"Tardis?"

"Time and Relative Dimention in Space! It's time travel I can go anywhere in the world, anytime, anyplace with the pull of a lever, flick of a switch."

"But this is a police box?"

"No its not." He furrowed his eyebrows, " There's another dimension hidden away here. Bet you wouldn't have guessed that, eh?"

"Dimension? You talk of fools black magic!"

"I talk of Time Lord science!"

"This is not science!"

"Yes it is my friend," he walked over to us, "I am a Time Lord!"

"A Time Lord?"

"I am a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. I am part of the oldest and most powerful races in this universe. I am a survivor, but not necessarily a fighter. I am 1153 years old and I have two hearts. Humans are intriguing but trustworthy. My companion Clara is elsewhere, therefore you are my companions... for now,"  He stopped and looked as us as if to say So there! but he hadn't finished yet, "And did I mention I have a sonic screwdriver, a mechanical pet dog called K9 and a dressing up box. I like to try out different looks. Right now, if I do say so myself, I am rocking the fez," He says pointing to his head where a red hat is placed. He begins to rummage through a large wooden box throwing around clothing, covering the floor, "This is a cowboy hat, my wife killed me in this hat! This is a monks gown, don't wear that monks aren't cool!" 

He continued to rummage around inside the box when he stopped to look at us, realising we stood in silence, mouths dropped open.

 Quickly I racked my brain for something to say but no words came out.

"Doctor, what?"

As Jason said this the mad man called the doctor smiled at us. Cautiously he answered,

"Why should I tell you my name, when you haven't shared yours?"

"My name is Jason," then pointing at me he said, "and this is Pythagoras and..."

The doctor cut him off and spluttered as he spoke,

"You're Pythagoras?" I nodded in response, "The triangle man!" The Doctor shook my hand warmly which took me by surprise. I was shocked and angry though as no one knows about my secrets, my work,

"How did you know?"

"I am from the future, Pythagoras! I am a wise man, my TARDIS and I have travelled far! "

He pointed at Hercules and asked,

"Who is the old man?"

"This is our good friend Hercules and he is..." This time the man began to laugh so hard his hat fell off,

"Hercules? Hercules the great? Hercules the strong? Hercules the powerful?"

"I may look like an old drunk man, but I have feelings too. I am a loyal friend who used to be strong, brave and powerful!"

"Alright calm your beard" the doctor said looking shyly at Hercules. The doctor headed to the centre of the box where he turned around exclaiming,

"Hercules, Pythagoras, Jason. This is the TARDIS! Time travel? Time travel! Any place, any time. I've had many faces but none have seen Atlantis! Now let us travel together, where would Medusa be? "

We all stared at him in awe,

"Time travel?" I though quietly, I had only briefly pondered the thought of the future.

"Now where will Medusa be hiding?"

"We don't know where she is but rumours have it she's lurking in a cave on the island of Cisthene with the Gorgan sisters."

Hercules spoke quietly and sheepishly.

The doctor broke the silence by shouting,

" To the cave of Cisthene we go!"