Chapter 7 - Stained walls

Hercules POV

This man talks nonsense but the more I listen the more I trust him. He talks of Medusa as though he knew her. Fables of serpented hair, blackened eyes and wrinkled skin fill up his descriptions but that isn't my Medusa, Is it? The Medusa I know, love, has beautiful hair, twinkling eyes and is awfully young. I always wondered why she put up with my looks. I am but an old man, "a drunkard" and "a gambler". Its my fault she's gone. Why did I send her back? Why did I let her go? The Pandorica. It's all my fault.

I wish Pythagoras had let me go. I would've risked my life for hers but he stopped me. He stopped me from doing good. The only good I'd have done on this planet. Honestly though Pythagoras is the bestest friend I have ever had. And I love him really but why didn't he let me look at Medusa?

The Doctor says he'll save her. I know this should be the greatest news but I don't feel at all pleased. I wanted to save Medusa, but the Doctor will take the credit. The man in the box. He's awfully mad. He goes on about strange statues and Bad Wolves. I wonder who he really is.

"How do you know where your going?" I ask him for he seems to be directing us all over the place turning left and right in every direction.

The man abruptly stood still when he replied, "I don't!" Then he continued.

I was shocked. How can he direct me to Medusa if he doesn't know where she lies?

"Where is Medusa?" I ask, hastily.

"That the thing I didn't mention. You see there's one slight problem about this "adventure". Have you heard of the sisterhood of the gorgons?"

I looked up at him, my eyes squinting at his, "No."

"Well they are the followers of the serpent-headed women I spoke about. Gorgons - they turn you to stone if you look upon one - inhabit this cave. To find Medusa we must first find the sisterhood, for that is where Medusa will be."

"But won't they kill us?"

"Yes most likely but sometimes they take people as sacrifices. With any luck this will happen and you will be taken to the dungeons where you will then be judged by the head gorgon..."

"...which is Medusa?" I finished his sentence for I knew what my future would behold.

"Yes."

"Well what will we when in the dungeon?"

"You. What will you do when in the dungeon."

"Me? I cannot do this alone. I will die!"

"No you will not. I will summon my T.A.R.D.I.S and that is how I shall be saved."

"You insensitive man! How could you only think of yourself? What about Jason? Pythagoras?" And with that I turned around to point at them but to my suprise they were no longer behind us.

"Pythagoras? Jason?" I grabbed the Doctor and spun him around, "Where are they? Help me find them."

"Do your friends often go off on their own adventures?" The man said shining the light in my face, "Because that's just rude!"

We began to trace our steps back. Finally we reached an open space of rock and ground. I leant back on the wall and began to cry their names. Something wet smeared my skin - Blood! - and something was shining on the floor. I reached over to pick it up when I realised it was the knife Jason gave to Pythagoras.

"This is Pythagoras'. His bood has stained the walls. Look!" I grabbed the light from his hands aand shone it over the walls where it was smeared.

"Pythagoras was here." I whimpered.

The man stepped forward to face me.

"As was the sisterhood of Gorgons!"