The Dullness in the Sky

Gunshots. Screaming. Crying. Amestris had been attacked by traitors from the military. They turned their backs on the military, and took matters into their own hands. Roy was running trying to find his blonde lover. "Ed!! Ed where are you?!!" He cried out, hoping the blonde hadn't been killed yet. He kept searching for him, his heart aching at the thoughts that rushed into his head. He can't be dead. He can't! He kept running, his hopes running low. He soon found what he was searching for. In an alleyway, he found his lover. He rushed to his side. His lover, Ed, was lying on the ground, holding onto his side. Roy knelt by him, and lifted his head, putting it in his lap. "Ed. Don't tell me..." Roy spoke quietly. So agonizingly quiet. Ed coughed, making a little blood seep out of his cold, chapped lips. He took his hand off his bullet wound, raising it to Roy's face. Ed cupped his cheek, with blood still in his hands. He gave Roy a small, soft smile, his eyes closed halfway. With tears streamed down Roy's face, he watched as Ed opened then closed his lips, as if he had to choose his words correctly and carefully. "Roy..." He said softly. "Take. Take care of.... Alphonse for me.... Thank you....... I love you..." His eyes closed all the way, then his hand went limp, and slid off Roy's face quickly. Roy's heart twisted in agony. "Ed." His breathing stopped. "Ed. Ed no!! Please!!! This. This can't be happening!!! Please tell me you're okay!! Please!! Ed. No.... Why? Why...?" Roy held the lifeless boy in his arms, not wanting to let go. He hugged him tightly. His cheek was covered in his blood, but soon was washed away by the tears that flowed down slowly, then began falling quicker. "Oh god, this really is a terrible day for rain.. A really horrible day for rain.."

Days passed, and Roy hasn't been the same. He's trying to keep it together at work. It's convincing enough, until he gets home. Once he does, he tears down those walls he built to block out his emotions. Once they're down, he can't contain himself. He cries so badly. He remembers what he used to be like. He saw the world with a whole different perspective. It was full of exotic colors, and beautiful images. The skies were filled with his emotions. Happiness, peace, joy.... love. Where did all that go? That's the question he asks himself everyday. It was the day when Ed died, that his world completely shut down, and he saw everything dull and boring. The skies looked gray. They weren't. The clouds looked like a storm was coming. The storm never appears. The sky he now sees, holds negative emotions. Pain, regret, sadness, depression, anxiety. It showed how he felt. It showed how he felt without him.... Without Ed....

It's winter time. It's always really cold. Roy had some time off, since his team caught him crying in his office one day. They told him to take some time off to heal the best he can. He had at least a month off. He decided to not just stay locked up in his room. He decided to take a walk outside. He wanted to try and find the color he saw in the sky that he saw before. He put on some jeans, and blue, long sleeve shirt, a black jacket, some gray gloves, and a dark gray scarf. He grabbed his ignition gloves, and stuffed them into his pockets. He put on some boots, then headed out.

With his hands stuffed in his pockets, he walked around the city. He occasionally looked up at the sky. Nothing. Still the same dullness in the sky. He kept walking. And walking. And walking. Nothing interested him. He passed a park. He saw couples holding hands and children playing. He heard people laughing and enjoying themselves. He stopped to look at the scenery for a while. He saw a ball roll by. It stopped by his feet. "Hm?" He looked down. He saw a little girl who was blonde below him. He knelt down and picked up the ball. Still on his knees, he extended the ball to her. "Is this yours sweetie?" He asked the girl. She shyly looks up at him. She looks a bit scared of him. "Kaitlin! Kaitlin where are you?" Someone shouts. Roy looked up. It felt like his world changed, and time stopped. He saw someone run up to the girl. Roy's eyes widened as he saw the person. "Ed?"