This Is New

"Ed?" Roy asked. Once the person was close to Roy, he got to take a good look at him. He looked just like Ed. He had blonde hair, in a ponytail. His eyes were hazel, rather than gold. They still held a fire though. Those eyes held strength. He looked about his height, which made him laugh. Roy couldn't imagine Ed being tall. No automail. Big difference. His name probably isn't even Ed. But, both this stranger and Ed were similar. They were strong, emotionally and physically. The eyes were filled with fire. The same fire he saw in Ed's eyes.

"Kaitlin. I told you not to run off. You could get hurt." He said worried about the girl. She bent down beside her. "Are you okay?" He asked. Just like Ed. He's caring. Well, Ed can be caring at times. The little girl hid behind him. She pointed at Roy. "Um. Hi. Who are you?" Roy flinched. "Uhh..." The boy's mood changed instantly. He looked pissed off. "What did you do to my little girl?!?" He shouted at Roy. I-I did n-nothing!! I swear! I was just-!" He interrupted his words. "What?! Were you going to rape my child?!" He shouted. Roy's eyes widened. "What?! No!! I was going to give her ball back!! Please. Don't kill me." The stranger laughed. "Don't worry. I believe you. I was only teasing!" He kept laughing. What the hell? Roy thought to himself. Just like Ed. Instantly goes from lovable to, I'll murder you in your sleep, in a heartbeat. "Don't worry Kaitlin. He's not going to hurt you. He just wants to give your ball back." Roy still held the ball. She reached out slowly, then quickly grabs it, and hides behind him once again. "Sorry. She's a little shy." Roy chuckles. "That's okay." He chuckles as well.

"Kaitlin. Why don't you wait by the babysitter? She's sitting at the bench. Mommy will be back in a while." Mommy? "Okay!" The girl smiled. Then she ran off. "Kids. They grow up too fast. So. Who are you? If you mind me asking. And why did you call me Ed?" Roy's eyes widened at the mention of Ed. "Oh. I'm Roy. Roy Mustang. And.... Well, that's... That's kinda a long story. I don't want to talk about." Roy said, his voice hinting sadness. "Oh. Well, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Eren. Eren Eckert. And the little girl, her name is Kaitlin Eckert." His first and last name start with e. He's pretty similar to Ed. But, why did he call himself mommy?

I saw him take out a pack of cigarettes. He took one out, then checked his pockets. "Ah, shit. I left my lighter at home. Do you have one?" His gloves. "Yeah. Hold on a sec." He takes off his gloves, exposing his skin to the bitter coldness. He reached for his pockets, and slid on his ignition gloves. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Just wait." Roy put his fingers in a snapping position. He snapped, and the fire traveled to the cigarette, and lit it. "Woah. That was alchemy wasn't it?" He asked. Roy got a bit excited. "Yeah. Do you know any alchemy?!" He asked, getting his hopes up. Eren shook his head. "Nah. I just heard this place is crawling with alchemists. I thought it'd make life more interesting." Roy nodded. "Oh. And thanks for lighting it. I'm sorry if seeing me smoke is uncomfortable for you. I just started yesterday and I can't stop. But don't worry. I only have one cigarette a day." Roy smiled. He hasn't truly smiled in a long time. "So. I'm wondering. Why-?" Phone ringtone. "Sorry. Have to take this. Here. Take this. I'll see you soon. Bye." Then he walked off.

Roy looked at the piece of paper.

Paper:

Eren Eckert
480-311-520
Call me sometime.. If you want to. Not like I care or anything..
-E

His phone number. Tsundere. He's so much like Ed. I think.... I think.... Roy looks up at the sky. Yeah... the sky is starting to regain some color...