The Leaves of the Tree

"You wanna commit double suicide with me?" The words seemed to ring in Roy's head. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Eren with wide eyes filed with fear. His heart quickened and his palms became sweaty. His throat felt dry, as he stood in silence staring immensely at Eren. His head was bowed down while his bangs covered his dampened eyes and his ghostly pale flesh. Roy stood for what seemed like forever before he could speak. "I-" Eren cut in. "I-I'm.... I'm. Just kidding..." Roy still looked at him in shock, his worry obvious on his face. "I'll... I'll be fine... I just had that thought stuck in my mind for quite some time now... Just..." He sighs, his body still trembling and shaking. "Just forget about it... Forget I said anything... Okay?" He said, his voice beginning to become quiet and shaky. "Just forget I said anything.... Alright?"

~ The Next Day ~
Roy couldn't get his mind off of what happened last night. Eren's words kept repeating and stalking his mind. That one sentence kept overlapping with other words he had previously said. They mixed and fused together. All the words were jumbled into a giant mess of Eren's voice.

"You wanna commit double suicide with me? Just. Forget I said anything. Okay? I'm still here!! Stop being negative god dammit!! Look up!! Look at me!!" Roy suddenly gasped, and jolted up from laying down. He decided before to try and sleep off his thoughts, thigh they kept haunting him. He brought his knees to his chest and let out a ragged breath. Dammit! Why?

~ Meanwhile at the Hospital ~
Eren gazed out the window. His dull, hazel eyes scanning over the city before him. His orbs focused on a tree with subtle pink petals and cherries. A cherry blossom. He watched as a petal fell weakly off one of its branches. He watched as it feel swiftly and gracefully and as it was about to land, it flew into the wind, disappearing with the sky. Raindrops soon patterned the glass barrier making it obvious of what season it is, meaning it was hard to know how long he has been in this imprisonment. "It always rains in the summer. It's always cold out." Eren stated quietly. His focus went back to the tree that now had one less petal. He frowned, his frail fingers reaching for the glass. They lightly tapped the window. "Little tree... I'm sure. I'm very sure of it indeed." He said quietly to the tree with only a few pink petals on its branches.

It may be losing its life... but...

It'll last longer than me...

That... I'm certain of...

I'm sure... Very sure of it...