9

"Ali what's taking you so long??" Jamila yelled.

The girl Khalil had been with that night at the pharmacy wasn't Sa'a, it was Luna. I knew Luna wasn't to be trusted. She was as dull as a doorknob but she still managed to be as cunning as a fox. She had layers to her and that made me think about other things she might had been hiding.

"I'm still looking for something good to read, okay?"

It was good that Jamila had a vast book collection. I was impressed by the fact that she was so enthralled with books. She had well over 50 novels ranging from fiction to non-fiction, memoirs, trilogys and so on. Jamila was a huge geek deep down.
After I took pictures of Khalil's chats with Luna with my phone I turned his phone off and placed it back to Jamila's bed side table. I hastily grabbed any book that was in my sight and got the hell out of her room. Khalil was one of those people that "sex'ted". I came a cross a shameful picture is his junk which he sent to Luna to I guess, impress her. I never knew pubescent teens with tiny shrivled up penis's could ever be appealing to the opposite gender. But what do I know? I have cancer and I'm still damn sexy. I'm quite modest as you can tell.

"Ali what are you doing?" Jamila asked

"Oh nothing, I've gotten my book. I'll be on my way now " I answered

"Hey Ali, thanks for assuring me that there was nothing to worry about. To be honest I was thinking about it all and how paranoid I was being and it was all for nothing quintessentially. Thankfully I now know that Khalil is someone that truly loves me and cares for me. You're a good brother and I mean like "you deserve a trophy" kinda good. I love you Ali."

I didn't know what to say. Jamila was never one to let her walls down or even show a shred of emotion and here she was basically pouring her heart out to me and even thanking me for how my brotherly prowess had helped her realize that she wasn't mad to think that her cheating boyfriend is in fact not a cheater, which is a lie because he actually is a cheater. I was overwhelmed and shocked with it all. Jamila was my sister and I absolutely loved her to pieces so I couldn't stand here and continue to deceive her into thinking that Khalil was a good guy. She deserved better.

"Jamila Khalil is cheating"

"It's just a video game, it's not that serious "

"No I'm not talking about the game you're playing, I mean he's literally cheating. Like cheating on you and..I..I'm sorry but that's the truth "

She had a puzzled look on her face as if she didn't understand what I had just told her.

"Jamila I know it's hard but don't worry I'm here for you I promise" I said hoping to reassure her

"Please say something"

A tear rolled down her cheek and I knew her
heart had just broken into a thousand pieces. I wasn't sure about what to do next. Was I meant to try and comfort her or just let her go through all sorts of emotional distress on her own?

"You're lying, you're just being an ass. Don't you toy with me Ali, you know how sensitive I am." She yelled

"I'm not lying Jamila. He's a prick and he sure as hell doesn't deserve you. Who he is around you is a total rendition of who he truly is."

"Why would you tell me this right now? Why? You don't even have any proof whatsoever, none! You're jumping to conclusions Ali " she says defensively

"I can prove it, and he'll be the one to prove it to you"

Khalil wasn't in the living room anymore. It was odd because both of us didn't notice him walk right past us into Jamila's room. He was on his phone and he looked at me with a belittling grin on his face, it was disgusting. If only Jamila walked into the room quick enough to see what a phony he was.