Chapter Seven

Tony made his way to Loki's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Tony heard a voice call out.

He opened the door and Loki's eyes widened seeing Tony in the doorframe.

"Tony, what brings you here?" Loki asked.

Tony closed the door behind him and inhaled deeply as he took a step forward into the office.

"I've come here to apologize for the way I reacted earlier."

"Tony, you don't have to-"

"No, I do. Yes, I'm hurt that my daughter is going to die but that does not mean I should've taken my anger out on you when I know you're struggling just as much as Pep and I, if not more," Tony interjected. "You have taken care of my daughter and protected her these past nine years. I shouldn't have yelled at you when you must be in so much pain. I'm sorry, Loki. Just know that when the time comes, Pepper and I will do everything we can to help you out with the children."

"Oh...thank you, Tony. I appreciate it." Loki grinned weakly.

"How are you?" Tony inquired.

"I don't know. I have a lot going through my mind but I promised Alice that I'd be strong and that we'd just enjoy the time she has left. Forget about the threats against us. Forget about Thanos. The only thing we should be doing is celebrating her for all that she's done for you, for me, our children, and our new Asgard," Loki answered. "I can't lie and tell you I don't feel heartbroken over this news. Gods, I know it's going to hurt when she's gone but I'd rather spend the time she has left being happy and dreading the outcome of this situation."

"I agree." Tony replied.

"I should also thank you for not telling Alice and for apologizing to me," Loki stated. "I know it took you a lot of guts to apologize to me. Or rather persuading."

"Oh, come on. Just when I was starting to like you." Tony smirked.

"Starting? Well, I have plenty of more time to win you over. Only took me a few months with Alice." Loki chuckled.

Tony laughed along with him and shook his head as he glanced down at his feet.

"However, I mean it. Thank you for the apology." Loki stated.

"You're welcome. After everything I've done or said to you, you deserve it from me." Tony replied.

*Realm of the Dead*

Thanos had ventured back to the Realm of the Dead. He needed the progress of Alice's state to know how much longer it would be until he could take her and continue on his quest. He called out for Death and she appeared, levitating towards him.

"You have come to know how the girl is doing, yes." Death spoke.

"You know me so well." Thanos smirked.

Death displayed the image of Alice in front of them and Thanos watched as she was cleaning up her station and going to get checked on by Eir. He watched as she laid on the Soul Forge and he squinted trying to make out the outline of her body.

"How much time do you give her?" Thanos questioned.

"It seems as though her time is coming a bit sooner than I anticipated. You may not even have to wait a year. Just a few more months." Death replied.

Thanos turned his head to face Death and smiled wickedly.

"Really?" He chuckled.

"Her body is using its powers to protect the child in her womb, not herself. In doing so, she is harming herself and making the curse work faster against her as she is making herself more susceptible to its powers." Death explained.