Chapter 21

Elena's POV:

It was night when I woke up in the car. We have just been on multiple cases non-stop, since it was kinda our fault all the demons got out. And when I say "we" I really mean Dean and Sam. Right now we seem to be somewhere in New York.

"Where are we guys?"

"Black Rock, New York. Someone called our dad's phone and said his storage unit was broken into. Might as well go and look into it" says Sam, over the blaring music of AC/DC. Dean is currently rocking out to some song that I don't know, and I know not to interrupt his "jam session". So Sam and I just end up sitting back and listening to Sam's horrible singing.

When we arrive at the storage unit, Sam and Dean immediately pull out weapons because they don't know what we could find there. Yup this is my life now. When we open the unit, no one is in there, but there is some weird symbol on the floor.

"A demon warding symbol. Demons won't be able to pass." Dean looks more closely and sees a trip wire along with a lot of blood.

"Well looks like we aren't dealing with demons." He shines the flashlight along the trip wire and sees a shotgun. "But whoever was here was tagged by a nasty bullet." They start looking around the place. I go towards the back and everything is so dusty. When I turn around there is a wall full of guns and grenades. There are even some land mines on the table under it.

"Your dad was a big weapons person..." I was mainly talking to myself, not knowing Dean was behind me when I said that.

"He was a hunter babe. It's kind of our thing, you know weapon collecting." He starts chuckling, most likely at my lack of knowledge of the hunting lifestyle.

"Dude, but this many weapons. That's just a little eerie." He just laughs again and continues looking around.

"Sam...I definitely found something!" I come up behind him along with Sam and notice a bunch of boxes with symbols on them.

"Curse boxes..." Sam mutters, most likely to himself.

"What are those?"

"Think of Pandora's box. These are basically exactly like that, but just each a different item that's cursed. The question is why he had all of these." Dean explains that to me and this place becomes a thousand times more creepy.

"Look, one's missing" Sam points out.

"They must've taken one. Now the question is what's in it." We leave the unit and follow a trail leading to a beat up apartment complex.

"Ok, Elena I need you to stay back until we figure out who, or what, took this thing."

"But Dean..." but before I could say anything, him and Sam leave me in the car and I know that if I follow them, things could get worse. I wait about 10 minutes, until I'm so bored I can't take it anymore. I jump out of the car and run into the apartment complex. It was easy to find them because there was a lot of noise coming from one apartment. I peak through the door and see both Sam and Dean fighting two guys. And it looks like they are losing.

They are both soon thrown around like two rag dolls and I just can't help but start laughing. Sam then grabs something and it's like...their luck changed. Some guy pulls a gun out and tries to shoot them but the bullet completely misses. I accidentally push the door open and the random dudes guy see me. They start towards me, but before they could move another step, Sam tackles them and they both fly towards the other wall.

"Ok what the hell was that?"

"Our lucky day..." Dean try's to pass it off as that.

"Now what is it really?"