An Unforgiven Grudge

Sorry but I had to end it early... haha
She just keeps gettin into trouble, eh?
**********

     My body surged with adrenaline and I kicked, almost running through the water. My lungs screamed for air and I thought they'd burst if I didn't get to the surface soon. My legs worked as fast as they could and finally, thanks to Cloudtail, I hit air. I gasped loudly and my eye wend wide, my muzzle parted in shock.
     My body was used to the water by then, and I started to make my way back to the shore line. My paws worked easily in the water now, and I felt mouse-brained for knowing how to swim. I felt like a fish, even worse, a RiverClan cat. I growled aloud at the thought of eating fish, yet swimming among them. What a couple of mouse-brains they are! I realized I was spluttering and I hurried to the shore, afraid my legs would stop working so my chest could heave.
     I climbed onto the shore at the edge of ThunderClan, almost to WindClan's territory line, and shook out my fur. My stomach churned and I hacked and hacked, water spitting up. My back arched and I threw up what was left of today's fresh-kill and hacked up more water until my lungs were empty of water. I breathed in a large gasp and then another. It felt good to feel the solid ground under paw and to breathe air, not water.
     My torn face tickled as water droplets ran slowly down the side if my face, causing me to shake my head. My fur stood up, the cold of the night making me wish I was in my nest. I shook out my paws and carefully licked my fur down, heading toward camp.
*****

     Carrying a mouse and thrush, I padded into camp, depositing the fresh-kill and heading toward the warrior den. Warriors were having fresh-kill together and stopped for a brief heartbeat to watch me, then go back to eating an sharing tongues. "Brightheart." Bramblestar's deep voice called and I looked over my damp shoulder. "Come into my den." He ordered, gesturing with his tail to follow as he headed into his den. I sighed. So much for sleeping early.
     I padded over to his den and sat down in front of his nest where he sat. "Where have you been? You've been gone ever since I told you about the battle." He asked, concern growing in his voice. I fought back the words and told him a different story. "I went out hunting, of course, but I decided to watch the ShadowClan border more closely. I thought if you weren't going to put more patrols there, then I was going to check it out myself." I lied, quite proud of how easily it slipped out. I hadn't lied for a very, very long time, I realized. He narrowed his eyes but I could tell from the look in his eyes that he was believing it.
     Finally, he nodded and spoke. "Alright, Brightheart, I believe you. I will send out more patrols tomorrow morning, three each day." I nodded but said nothing. "Squirrelflight and I decided to make a date for the battle." He announced suddenly.
     "We will train unbelievably hard for the next three days and then feast on the forth and battle that night. So tomorrow, just so you are aware, you are taking patrols out to ShadowClan and WindClan. Go to ShadowClan first, then WindClan and then back to ShadowClan. Hunt in between. Then come back to camp if there are any reports; if not, ask Squirrelfight where everyone is. I think we'll try denser woods instead if where we usually train." He explained. I took it all in, rereading in my mind what he said over and over until I knew it like the back of my paw. I dipped my head and padded into the warriors den, circling my nest and climbing in.
     'ShadowClan to WindClan to ShadowClan again. Hunt inbetween. Come back to camp.' I remembered, repeating it again and again. 'ShadowClan to WindClan to ShadowClan. Hunt inbetween. Find mentors and apprentices.' My mind shut down and my body relaxed, my dreams felt happy again. Great memories with Swiftpaw then with Cloudpaw and how jealous Swiftpaw was of him when he became a warrior and we didn't. My dreams turned dark and every bad memory I had of them came to mind, nightmares piercing my brain until I thought it would burst.
*****

     I woke up and everything was silent. I lifted my head and listened. The sky was covered in clouds and snow was from the sky. 'Where is everyone?' I wondered, beginning to panic. I stepped out into the camp and check the apprentice den. No one. Elder den. No one. My heart hammered in my chest, so hard I was sure my blood would burst out of my body. My ears roared and I looked around. The sights of white filled my gaze. White was everywhere and it seemed so beautiful at first, but then it sickened me to stare at it for so long. I saw no paw prints in the clearing, even with the sun up almost fully, only mine as I rushed back and forth.
     The world swirled around me - worry flooding my veins - and I didn't know what to do. 'Where'd everyone go?' I wondered, rushing around camp, searching every crack and crevice... but no one was in camp.
    "Where is everyone?" I yelled, but my voice echoed along the trees. "Anyone? Hello?" My voice cracked and I was desperate to see a familiar face. I felt alone, like I had caused them to leave. 
     ShadowClan.
     The idea popped in my head like a acorn falling on my head and in an instant, I was gone.
I flew through the trees, stirring up dirt and leaves so much it made a dust path. I raced for the ShadowClan border and didn't hesitate to cross it. My body was fuelled by rage and adrenaline. "What did you do with ThunderClan!" I yowled and I burst into their odd camp.
     Out of breath and fur standing up in fury and defence, I looked around and to my shock, there was no one here, either. "Where is everyone!" I yowled as loud as I could and my pelt itched. I hissed and I frantically slashed it until I was on the ground, bleeding and tired out. The world around me was swirling.
     "Where are you hiding?" I heard myself whisper and I was out cold, black surrounding me like the lakes water.

*****
READ
VOTE
SHARE