An Unforgiven Grudge

Gotta new line thingy! :D

·•·•·•·•·

I tried desperately to get back down to the Dark Forest but I couldn't get down. Its like they made sure I wasn't aloud to go back. I wanted to get more information in what they were planning but its as if they knew what I was going to do and made sure that I couldn't come down!

I stood up and slowly padded out of the den and looked around and no one was awake.

"Brightheart. . ." A soft voice whispered. I thought it was the wind at first but there was no breeze to carry my name. "Brightheart. . ." It whispered over and over again. My heard begun to pound in my chest as if it was trying to escape as it kept going on and on. I looked around for any sign of a cat but there was no cats awake, that I saw anyway.

I begun to panic. "Who's out there?" I called quietly, being sure I didn't alarm anyone. "Show yourself!" I slowly turned around but no one did as I said. I lashed my tail, showing frustration instead of fear. I growled, my fur sticking up. I felt something brush my side quickly and I whipped around.

"I said show yourself!" I hissed into the darkness, but no such luck of an answer. There was still no sign of a cat anywhere in the camp. I heard something fall and I turned my head to see a stick. I cautiously made my way over to the stick and stared at it through narrowed eyes. I saw something fall a few fox-lengths away from the first stick. Then I yelped as something smacked my side.

I jumped to the side in shock and saw a rock. I gave it a sniff and it smelt of unfamiliar cats.

I looked around and backed back into the camp where I bumped into someone. I whipped around and slashed at the air. "Scared?" A voice teased from in front of me. My breathing started to go fast and I started to think I was going crazy. "Who are you?" I growled as I unsheathed my claws. "Oh no one, just checking in on everyone. Making sure everything is right for the upcoming battle," the cat sneered.

"What battle? Are you a Dark Forest warrior?" I questioned, turning my head to one side. "Oh nothing. I was told I couldn't give anything away," she meowed the muttered, "especially to you." "Well, who are you?" I sneered, drawing my lip back in a snarl. She chuckled low and darkly, "I am Mapleshade."

My eyes widened. Mapleshade. . . What does she want?

"Now, I wanted to give you a message." She whispered. I felt a deep growl forming in my throat as she begun to circle around me. I waited for Mapleshade to continue. "Well, what is it?" I spat, "You know too much, Brightheart," She snarled. "You are my enemy. I have only one reason, we all have one reason, and that is because you know our secret. You don't deserve to live."

I gave her a confused look. "Do you hate me because I know too much or is there another reason?" She growled and lashed her tail in pure hatred. 'What in great StarClan did I do?' I asked myself, confinement rubbing through my veins at every heartbeat. I backed away slowly, turning around and dashing through the forest.

"Coward!" You yowled as I darted through the forest. Cats surrounded me, very few I actually knew.

"You know our secret,"

"We shouldn't let her go,"

"She is a traitor!"

"Shes going to tell everyone about us!"

They kept on pushing there limits until I came to a fighting arena. I skidded to a halt, looking for a way out, but it was already too late. They were surrounding me. I hissed, my fur standing up in horror, as they all turned around. They exchanged glances and then Brokenstar stepped forward, Tigerstar at his heels.

"Well, look who's back. The traitor." Brokenstar sneered. "Lets kill her!" Tigerstar yowled and hisses and snarls came back in approval. But Brokenstar put his tail in his way. "No," he growled, not looking away from me. "Wait."

I growled and backed away until I hit something. I whipped around and saw the scariest thing I have every seen.

The cat's mouth was stitched close and his bright blue eyes were wide with horror and sadness. I gasped as I saw his pelt: scared and matted. It looked like it was once beautiful, but now, the cats black and silver coat was no longer nothing but a pelt that is just there. He looked like he had went to a battle and was never to stop.

He shrunk down and backed away slowly. "Go away, Blackheart! This doesn't concern you." Thistleclaw hissed and the cat turned tail and disappeared.

Whispers filled the silence, making the fur stand up until I felt the cold breeze seep into my skin. "Breezepelt and Tigerheart, kill her. This will prove to me that you are ready to be a warrior." Brokenstar ordered. "What?" Tigerstar yelped. "I want to and it was my idea!" He complained. Brokenstar glared at him and flicked his tail for them to do so.

Tigerstar growled and stalked away, leaving Thistleclaw and Brokenstar watching. I unsheathed my claws and waited for them to creep for me. 'Run.' A voice hissed and I hissed in my mind, 'I will when they get close.' I watched as Breezepelt and Tigerheart hiss and leap. I skidded to the side and ran back the way I came. I didn't dare look back. "What are you waiting for? Follow her!" Thistleclaw yowled. Paw steps thumped after me and I ran faster. Right now, with one eye, I could use some help!

I felt the ground disappear and then my eyes focused on the slime in front of me. My face splattered in the gross stuff and I flailed my paws in the slime, desperate to see the world above. Already, my lungs ached for air but it was so dark I couldn't find my way up. My paws scrapped the rocky bottom and I thrusted my way up.

Gasping, I swam to the shore and looked up to see Mapleshade with a look of triumph in her gleaming eyes. I hissed and slashed his eye. Her head swung to one side in shock and looked back at me as I got out of the slimy water. I saw Breezepelt and Tigerheart looking at me. I looked for a way out and a path came to my vision. I saw the two dark forest apprentices tearing straight at me.

Quick as a fox, I ran to the trail. Haring through it was a pain in the tail, from the sticks whipping me and the mud sinking into my paw fur. I stopped. It was a dead end. I looked behind me. I could hear them coming but I couldn't see them. I looked for another trail but there was no way out. The only way out would be to go through the thorns and the bracken. "Maybe the trees. . . ?" I whispered. I looked behind me and they were closing in. "Close your eyes and think of home. . ." A voice whispered in my head. And I did so. I heard them coming closer, yowling, "There she is!" "Get her!" I zoned out, imagining being home at my mothers belly.

My eye opened and I looked around. The sun was beginning to fill the warrior's den and cats were starting to stir. That poor cat, Blackheart, was still in my mind. How did his mouth get stitched up? Why is in down there? Questions kept on coming as my curiosity went farther and farther until a voice whispered, "Brightheart! Come on, there is a patrol waiting for you!" It was Dustpelt. I dipped my head and laid each paw step down carefully, not wanting to awaken anyone.

"Sorry, I didn't notice I was put in a patrol." I apologized once there. Blossomfall nodded once and the patrol set off.

•·•·•·•·•