/two/

/two/

The next afternoon, the boys were on their way out of the dorm building in a group of eleven as they piled into the agency assigned cars. They were headed back to Nam Yumi's house for something she called a proper party after the meet and greet she had with EXO. Along with the kpop group, other prominent young people in Korea had been invited to celebrate the twenty first birthday of the heiress to Samsung Telecommunications. Most were people she had only invited out of obligation--the sons and daughters of her fathers business partners. Nam Yumi didn't feel like she had any real friends other than Kim Junmyeon.

Yifan had been invited as well, but he cooped himself up in his room without saying another word to his group mates, refusing to go out after the day's practices. He was tired, he was fed up with everything and only wanted to be alone.

As he sat on his bed, he contemplated his thoughts. The same ones that had been circling around in his mind for a while now.

Should I just pack up my things and go?

I really could just take my things and leave before they come back.

They won't even notice that I left until tomorrow morning at the earliest when I don't show up to practice again.

That was true to a certain extent. For a week already, Minseok had been staying with Tao and Lu Han in their bedroom. Tao--whose secret Yifan already knew about--had surrendered his bed to Minseok while he shared the other bed with Lu Han. Yifan wasn't exactly pleased about the latter, but he was glad to have gotten Minseok out of the room. Then there was the fact that he, Lu Han, and Kyungsoo weren't exactly on speaking terms anymore, all because of problems that involved girls--or one girl in particular.

He wanted it to himself, so that when the time came, no one would be able to stop him from leaving. Without Minseok in the room, it was that much easier. Minseok didn't resent him for it. He and the other boys knew that Yifan was going through a rough time, and he surrendered the entire room to his group mate without question. Each of the other eleven members would do anything to make him smile again, even if it was something as insignificant as giving him the entire dorm room.

Yifan sighed once again, weighing his options.

I haven't heard back from my doctor...or my lawyer...Maybe the best thing is to stay until we have a plan to proceed.

He buried his face in his hands and took in a frustrated breath. He suddenly regretted not going to that party with the other boys, not because of the party itself, but because it could have easily been one of the last opportunities to spend time with them. They were unsuspecting of his plans and he didn't want to tell them anything. He didn't want them to resent him for wanting to leave, for seeking other opportunities that SM was denying him. He would probably seem selfish in their eyes.

They all worked so arduously and swore with so much conviction that they are one. And there was Yifan, being only one for himself.

Then he thought about that girl--from the meet and greet--he had been so cold to her for no reason. But she had caught him at a bed time--he was in a bad mood. Then again, when wasn't Wu Yifan in a bad mood of the late?

He finally pushed himself off his bed, deciding that he would go to that party. 

-

He had taken an agency car into the high scale residential areas of the Gangnam District in Seoul, having stopped by a flower shop to pick up some roses for the birthday girl. Perhaps it was too much, but he wanted to show his fan that he was sorry for treating her badly when all she wanted was to help him out.