/nine/

/nine/

EXO went on their first tour, Exoplanet #1 - The Lost Planet, only eight days after Yifan left the group. It had all been so quick that Yumi felt like she barely blinked and suddenly everything changed. On May seventh of that previous month, she had been excited and going to a nearby music store to purchase both versions of EXO's Overdose mini album. She had gotten one Korean version and about five Mandarin versions. It had taken her about five tries before she finally got her bias' photo card. She remembered going back home that afternoon with six Overdose albums. She only got one Korean version, and she was satisfied with the photocard she got--Oh Sehun

That had been about a month ago, and now she was in China, stalking Wu Yifan. It was all so sudden. Just one week after the release of their comeback and it was announced that Yifan was leaving the group, and a week after that EXO went on their first solo tour.

Yumi had watched his last performance at a fan meet live and she recalled the way he seemed almost on the verge of tears while performing. His embraces with the other members seemed to linger just a little bit longer, and his smiles wore a slight sadness to them which he tried so hard to hide. Perhaps he knew since then that it was the last time they would perform together as EXO, as a twelve member group. Next they performed live again, the members were sad with slumped shoulders and sad smiles. They missed him dearly, but they had to continue without him.

They were EXO after all, and though they hoped he would return to them one day, it was always the same in the entertainment industry. The show must go on. The managers didn't care that EXO was hurting. They had commitments to fulfill, and it wasn't their fault either. It was their job to push their idols to be the best and most talented performers that they could be. EXO certainly had that potential and had shown it countless times.

EXO's first concerts were in Seoul, which was customary. Idols normally tended to perform in the epicenter of Kpop first, and then moved onto other locations. After Seoul, they went to Hong Kong, and were currently in China to perform three shows before continuing to Taiwan. The moment they had arrived in China, she got a video call from Junmyeon. He was looking much better than his previous state. When Yifan left, the others had to work extra hard to make up for his absence. But it was hardest on Junmyeon. He was the leader after all, and now he had to lead all of them without any help. Yifan had been their co-leader, their duizhang, and he was gone.

The leader of EXO greeted her with a wave of his hand and a warm smile. "Annyeong, Yumi-yah." He said.

Ever since reuniting with his childhood friend, he had resolved to talk to her more often. They were friends, and they had been very close when they were children after all. The only reason they had lost contact was because he joined SM Entertainment and hardly had any time for a social life, since he was always training. The little free time he sometimes had was spent with new friends he made at the company--first the boys of SHINee, and later the boys of EXO when he was placed in the group and given the position of leader.

Yumi remembered reading sadly that Junmyeon had been taken out of SHINee's official line up due to an injury, and had been replaced by Choi Minho. She remembered thinking that Junmyeon must have been feeling terrible because his debut would be delayed even longer. But now when she thought back to that moment, she was glad because EXO had gained a wonderful leader. No one, other than Yifan in her opinion, could have been a better leader for them.

She smiled back at him and waved as well. "Hello Jun oppa."

Yumi always made sure to respectfully call him oppa, since he was a few months older than her.