/eight/

/eight/

"Why didn't you warn me that the rich heiress you were talking about was Nam Yumi?" Yifan asked with anger and annoyance at his new manager. 

His words also came out in something of a hiss and a whisper, considering he lived right across the hall and he knew that sometimes people could hear them through the walls. He didn't want Yumi to know he was giving her any importance by talking about her, since she seemed to have it in her head that the two of them were in a relationship. He could easily and accurately use the word sasaeng when referring to her. Had he known that it was her moving in though, he could have avoided himself the trouble of seeing her and having to talk to her. He also spoke with so much familiarity about her that the manager raised an eyebrow at him in question.

"So you two know each other?" The manager wondered, his mind already racing with possibilities. Nam Yumi--a rich Korean heiress, would make Yifan a big star, just by mere association to her.

Yifan gave a knowing nod of his head, replying almost without thought. "I know that she's fucking insane. Okay, I didn't tell anyone about this because I didn't want to start drama, but that day I left Korea she was dead set on forcing me to stay. She even took me to her mansion in Seoul and tried to bribe me with money, favors, and sex. When that didn't work, she tried to kidnap me. I just want that girl as far away from me as fucking possible." Hearing himself, Yifan thought he was the one who sounded insane. Everything he was saying was a little too far fetched to be even remotely real. She was small, merely about five foot four, and slender as a stick. It was hard to imagine that someone like her could physically prevent him from leaving.

That was exactly how his manager felt when he heard the story. He scoffed at the former Kpop idol, rolling his eyes at him. "Oh, come on, Kris. You have to be kidding."

"I'm not joking." Yifan insisted, eyes widened in exasperation. 

But his manager wouldn't have any of it, seeing it as just excuses. "I don't know what you have against that girl. But she's your ticket to instant success here in China and even the rest of Asia. She has money and influence. Befriend her and you'll be on easy street--"

Just as he was speaking, he had been interrupted when the doorbell rang. The two of them looked at each other for a brief instant. Yifan wasn't expecting anyone else that day, and his manager didn't have anything planned for him either. There was about a minute that passed before Yifan went to the front door and opened it, to see who was at the door. But there was no one. Instead there was something there. Before him was a magnificent gift basket with a balloon attached. Inside it were all kinds of gifts such as a bottle of wine, two glasses, expensive snacks, and even a brand new cellphone, courtesy of her family's company. You're invited! The balloon read in colorful shades of red, yellow and blue. Inside the basket was an envelope with the name Kris written out in Korean characters. 

Yifan instantly confirmed that it was for him and he knew exactly who it was from too.

He and his manager both looked at each other before Yifan grabbed the basket and entered the apartment with it. He set the arrangement on the coffee table and grabbed the card to read what it was about. But he knew it was from none other than Nam Yumi. Who else would have the audacity to make him a gift as extravagant as that one? As he unfolded the note inside, he found a handwritten invitation in her neat writing. The letter, he realized, was in Korean as well, seeing as though she did not speak Mandarin.

You are invited to Nam Yumi's housewarming party! See you tonight at 7pm for drinks, food, and music. Thank you! <3

Yifan was quick to crumble the note into a ball and tossed it onto the ground coldly. "Nope."