/four/

/four/

The ride to the airport was silent and he still thanked her when they arrived, even though she had tried to hold him hostage just moments earlier. At the drop off zone he exited the car and went around to get his belongings from the trunk. Now he was a bit thankful that the dorms were small, had little closet space, and that most of the clothes they wore at shows and performances were borrowed. It saved him the awkwardness of having to return to the dorms for the rest of his things. This way, everything had been able to fit in two luggages.

His personality and his life of the past two years as an EXO member, all packed away like it never happened. He doubted he would be using all the old things he used to wear when he was part of SM Entertainment, but he took things with them because he didn't want his group mates to go into that room and see the traces he left behind. It might make them cling to the hope that he would return.

It was a matter of time before word got out that he had been spotted at the airport with his belongings, but he didn't wait too long at the terminal. By the time the press arrived at the scene, Wu Yifan was already safely seated inside the airplane. The flight to China was very short, about a two hour flight to get to Beijing where he would meet up with his lawyer and a new music company to start his solo project. He had called his mother to meet him there, since it had been years since he last saw her. She was travelling from Guangzhou, Yifan's hometown and would be arriving at the airport within an hour and a half from him. The last person he contacted was Yena.

He knew--from when he and Tao were best friends--that their family had a booming business in real estate. They owned several apartment buildings and hotels around China, and he thought that Yena could help him find a place to stay.

Yena had been very helpful, despite the fact that she didn't want him to leave EXO. During the two hour plane ride, she contacted her father's people and asked them to search for the best apartments in Beijing, at an affordable price. She had also asked them to give Yifan a discount, since he was her friend. They sent her a list of places, which she then forwarded to Yifan and he chose the most desirable one from there. By the end of the flight, he already had a place to call home.

Yena had even sent a car to pick him up at the airport and get him to his new apartment in Beijing. The driver had informed him as he dropped him off that he would go back to the airport to wait for Yifan's mother, per Yena's instructions. 

He entered the building where an agent was there waiting for him. He offered him a friendly smile when he recognized him. "You must be Wu Yifan. Miss Huang Chuyen told me you were in need of an apartment and Huang Real Estate has done everything in its power to accommodate you.." When Yifan only nodded, the man continued. Pulling out a key from his blazer pocket, he placed it in Yifan's hand. "This is your apartment key. The rooms are fully furnished and stocked with food for the first week of living. Afterwards you will be required to purchase your own food. Your apartment is number forty two on the fourth floor."

Yifan took the key from him and thanked him with a bow of his head. He was genuinely surprised that in the span of about two hours, they had managed to solve his housing situation. He would have to text Yena again later to thank her and her family's company.

With his belongings, he took the elevator up to the fourth floor. From there, it was a short distance of a walk until he reached the door with the number 44 on it in gold lettering. 

He unlocked the door and pushed it open to reveal a beautiful apartment with a large window that overlooked the city of Beijing. He had never had such luxury before, except whenever EXO traveled and they stayed in hotels. Back in the dorms, they were always plain and the small windows overlooked the city, but it was a drab view because he always felt like a prisoner overlooking all the things he wanted, but could never obtain. Being in Beijing now, he felt a sense of freedom.