Sparks

KEITH X READER

(((((((( ゜□゜)ノ

Red.

Orange.

Yellow.

A tint of Blue.

The colors danced around, taking over everything. Well, almost everything. There are some things that fire can't destroy.

But this one burned down everything, from the thinnest hair on one's skin to the bones. The girl could only watch as the vibrant colors took everything from her. After everything was done, a woman that looked like the witches in her picture books took her away. It would take years until she ever saw another human again.

Haggar was cruel during the first years the girl was with her. Discipline was needed if she was going to use her. Loyalty as well. Of course that would never come of a human that saw her destroy everything that was dear to her, but she could probably bound her to her by fear. And to make a child fear her was easy. To make her fear the overlord she was serving was even easier.

Soon enough she became the broken doll she needed and when the empire found themselves a "champion", they used her against him. Just like the witch had expected, seeing another creature just like him made him lower his guard around her.

Haggar does not know how far the two got involved, nor did she care. The human that was identified as "Champion" showed incredible results with her new model. As she thought, it was more practical if the model resembled what the fighter had previously. She made a mental note to change Sendak's model after. He would probably be more efficient if he could move like he did before.

The more the champion fought in the arena, the more time he spent with the girl later, that was the deal they'd agreed on. However it didn't help Haggar, for she needed him broken to be able to bring out his full potential for the empire.

"The next battle he will fight will be his last as a sane human." she heard the witch say.

(((((((( ゜□゜)ノ

Over the months of his captivity, of course she had grown attached to him. He had grown attached to her as well, and she didn't hate it. It was her first time feeling love in a very long time after all. And for that love she didn't hesitate to help him escape to his old planet, even if it meant that she would suffer severe consequences. But to her surprise, that wasn't the case. Haggar was lenient with her, saying that she wasn't of much use to her side anyways, and shipped her off to one of the many quintessence-shifting factories they had around their conquered universe. But of course, trouble had to follow her there too.

The paladins of Voltron figured out what they were doing with the quintessence that they hoarded behind their borders, and attacked the base that she was in charged of. Thankfully the girl returned home with the Altean princess caught, so Haggar looked over the fact that one of their most productive factories was broken into.

Of course, the princess, being captive where usually no one would dare even stray on the ship, heard gossip about the human "pet" that Haggar kept to herself. She thought that, if those rumors about her helping shiro escape, maybe she could do the same for her too. She felt bad that she would have to depend on someone else to save her neck to escape, but if that's what she had to do, she would make sure to repay the favor later.

To her surprise, she wasn't like Pidge. As the only female human she'd ever encountered, she didn't know what else to picture inside her head but this girl... No, young woman wasn't the same as her friend. But just like she thought, she planned to help her escape from Zarkon's clutches.