The Next Day (2)

Santana's POV:

We walked to her car in silence, I was trailing behind her the entire time, Thinking about how she handled that situation, My mother would have lashed out thinking I would get expelled. She was always one to over react.

"Brittany?" I said quietly before she got in the car.

"Yes?" She said back and got in the car. I got in the car after her and watched as she dumped all the bags in the back.

"Why did you slap Puck?" She asked, I shrugged and totally ignored the question.

"How did you know how to get me off the hook? I mean that was brilliant I would have got expelled or something" I said astonished. She smiled.

"I have a brother who is 12, I used to go to his meetings when my Mother didn't have time to, He's always getting into trouble" She shrugged.

"What about your father, why doesn't he go?" I asked

"Not his thing, I don't see them much anyway they moved recently to New York" She said pulling out the school.

"Oh cool, any other siblings?" I asked again.

"Yeah just one, An older sister, she's 25" I nodded not knowing what to say next.

"Santana, You have to tell me why you slapped him, I didn't just do that for you not to tell me the reason" She wasn't going to drop it by the tone of her voice.

"He just annoyed me, Boy friend drama...You know?" I tried to lie, She shook her head.

"Tell me the real reason Santana" She saw right through me.

"Brit, how do you know that was a lie? I could be telling the truth" She looked to me quickly then back at the road.

"Brit?" She raised her left eyebrow. My face went red with realisation.

"Oh" Is all I could get out. She giggled.

"It's fine, you can call me that if you want, and I know when you lie Santana" She said amused.

"How?" I asked curiously.

"It's a gift, now tell me" She said as she turned left down the street to my house.

"It's really not important, trust me it will bore you" I didn't want to tell her the reason that would be awkward. The car stopped and I immediately jumped out the car and went inside the house. Not waiting for her reply.

I was in My bedroom sitting on my bed with my laptop, I was crossed leg and had the laptop in front of me. It had been an hour since we had got home and Brittany hadn't talked to me. She is downstairs because I can hear her moving around to the kitchen and back.

A little while later I heard her coming up the stairs, I listened to see if her footsteps stopped outside my door and they did. There was a second of silence before 3 knocks.

"Hey, Can I come in?" She asked politely.

"Yeah sure" I said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

She walked in and stopped at the foot of my bed. I looked up and saw her looking at me.

"Can I sit?" She asked, I nodded and moved my laptop away. She sat crossed legged directly in front of me about a metre away.

"What brings you to my room?" I asked knowing it was to talk about the real reason behind slapping Puck.

"Well to finish off the conversation in the car, you ran upstairs so I thought I would give you some time, maybe think of an explanation" She said with a short smile.