12

Ashton

  Rape. It's the last thing I thought I'd ever have to suffer from. No, it wasn't Bart. He actually saved me. I thought it was him at the window.

  Instead, he had walked out of the hotel to call me in, then went to his room. Thinking I'd go there. He must've heard the loud bang though. Cause he busted down the door and pumbled the guy.

  Now I'm sitting like a sack of ugly potatoes in a hospital bed. The guys don't know what happened. I didn't even have to ask Bart not to tell them. He could see it in my eyes.

"Why won't you talk?" Hayes asked.

  I just turned my head. I know I shouldn't be ashamed of myself, but I am. I didn't fight back enough. This man that I've never even met or seen before, came into my room and raped me.

  How am I going to explain that? What could I possibly freaking say?

"Ashton, please. You gotta talk to us," Hayes nearly whispered.

  I squeezed my eyes shut and held back the burning tears. Just stop looking at me already. Please.

"Ash-"

"Hayes, stop. She'll come around. For now, let her rest," Bart said.

  But I can't sleep. That man's face is burned into my memory. The look of pure evil he held in his eyes.

'You're about to get it. Don't think he'll leave you alone much longer. I'm bailing him out, and he's coming for you. Give it time. Just you wait.'

  How can be bail him out when he's going to be in jail too? Oh sweet little baby cheeses. What if there's a whole freaking group of them?

"We got the call and rushed here as soon as possible. Is she ok?!" Dad rushed as him, mom, Will, and Skylynn ran in.

"Guys, I'mma need y'all to leave the room for now," Bart said.

"But she's-"

"Benjamin Hayes Grier. Don't give any fuss over this," mom said.

"She's my twin though! I have all rights to-"

"Hayes, she'll tell you on her own. It's her business to tell. Not ours," Will said.

"So you can know, but not us?" Hayes demanded.

"That's not- If you and Nash would've watched over her better, she wouldn't be here! Y'all would know why she's even here if y'all weren't too wrapped up in yourselves!" Will shouted.

"Bart called for her, so that's where she went!" Nash defended.

"Obviously not," Will stated.

  All the others had left. It was just us Grier's and Bart in here. I buried my face in the warm hospital blanket, and kept my ears plugged. I waited until it was silent to move my hands.

"Ashton?" Skylynn asked and sat by me.

  I pulled her down and hugged her. "Don't you ever let anyone take advantage of you. Do you hear me, Skylynn Elizabeth Floyd? Don't ever."

"Ok. I won't. I know you won't let them anyways," she said.

"Dang right," I said and kissed her forehead.

"Ash, are you ok?" She asked.

"Forever scarred, yeah. But I'll live," I said and smiled sadly.

"So you'll talk to her, but ignore your other half?" Hayes asked.

"Excuse me for not wanting to tell everyone that my body was taken advantage of against my will," I worded carefully.

  I don't want Skylynn to repeat the word without realizing it. Both Nash and Hayes froze.

"Happy now? You now know why I answered no one," I choked out.

"A-Are you gonna tell Cameron?" Nash asked.

"Is that seriously what you're fxcking worried about?" Will asked.

"No! It's not! I just want to know what she's going to tell her boyfriend seeing as we know," Nash answered.

"Boys, enough. No more fighting," mom said. Johnnie came in seconds after and looked at me in worry.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah," I answered.