13

Cameron

"She'll be ok, Cam. She's probably just in some sort of shock," Johnson said.

  I heard stuff though. What that man did... He deserves more than jail time.

"Cam?" Matt asked.

"What did you hear?" Gilinsky asked.

"Only that a man deserves more than what he's getting," I answered.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"Nothing," I grumbled.

  I just need to wait for her to tell me, and not bother her about it. She'll come to me when she feels ready.

"At least tell us why there's yelling going on in there then," Carter said.

"The boys were just disagreeing," I shrugged. Then the door opened.

"Cameron, come here," Elizabeth said.

  I walked to her, and entered the room. Ashton was looking at Skylynn and talking. Her eyes looked so... So... Dead. There was no smile in her eyes.

"Talk to her. The boys are stressing her out from all their arguing," Elizabeth whispered to me.

  I nodded and walked over to Ash. She must've not noticed since she kept talking to Skylynn and didn't look up. I reached for her hand, but Skylynn slapped mine away.

"Don't touch her! Only me and mommy can!" She hissed.

"Ashton?" I asked.

  She looked at me and let me tell you, when I said they were dead before, they're beyond that. There's absolutely no emotion in her look.

"Yeah?" She asked. Even her voice is empty. As if her happiness is gone.

"Guys, let's let them talk," Elizabeth said.

"I'mma stay here, momma," Skylynn said.

"No baby. Let's let them have grown up talk," Elizabeth said.

"She'll be fine mom. If anything's said that she shouldn't hear, I'll cover her ears," Ash said and hugged Skylynn close.

  Is she that traumatised that she doesn't want to be alone with even me?

"It's not that I don't trust you Cam. I just need Sky with me," she said and looked at me.

"I know baby. I believe you," I whispered.

  Elizabeth, Chad, Hayes, Nash, Will, and Johnnie walked out. Ashton kept running her fingers through Skylynn's hair.

"Are you gonna tell Cammy?" Sky asked her.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I can wait for it," I said and placed my hand on Ashton's free hand.

"I just need your input, Cam. I saw your head," she said. "I need to know if you think any different of me."

"Oh Ashton, I could never. It wasn't your fault. That man is horrible for doing this to you," I cooed and rubbed the pad of my thumb against her bruised cheek.

"They're checking me for any intimate diseases," she whispered. Her voice broke and she choked up.

"It's for your safety. They want to make sure you're ok," I said. "Which you will be. You're tests will show you're clear, you're bruises will go away, and your broke arm will heal."

  I can't believe that man. Hurting my girl like this. She's not gonna be the same ever again.

"There's always a what-if, though," she said and looked at the now sleeping Skylynn.