Chapter Five

"Found the beers," I place them down on the table in front of Blake. He already sat down and started eating.

"Thanks," he says with a mouth full of burger.

Devon comes up the stairs wearing loose sweat pants and a tank top.

He would literally look good in anything.

He gives me a 'fuck you' look for leaving him high and dry downstairs.

I gave him a 'how does it feel' look right back.

We join my brother at the table, crack open our beers, and enjoying the food in silence.

"So Liv, whats new with you lately?" Blake asks in between bites.

"Not much really. Still waitressing on weekends. Getting ready for college life in September. Nothing crazy,"

"I bet you can't wait for some freedom from Mom and Dad. I know I couldn't."

"They're aren't so bad. They leave me alone for the most part. What's the story with you guys?" I wave my finger between them. " How long have you been roommates?"

" I think its been about six months, right?" Devon asks Blake.

"Yeah, sounds about right," he takes a swig of his beer. "Poor thing got dumped by his highschool sweetheart and had no where to go. How long were you guys together? Like almost four years?"

I look at Devon and he's got this hard look on his face. I can tell its a touchy subject but the look is gone quickly and replaced with a smirk.

"Yup, almost four years. It happened for a reason, though. Left my options open for better girls to come along," he looks at me and winks.

Too late buddy, I saw that soft side of you.

"OK, sooooo. On to the festivities of the night! We must not let Liv feel lonely!" Blake says with excitement.

"Ughhhh," I put my head down on the table.

"Oh, come on Liv. It will be fun! Don't be embarrassed. We all have moments like this in life. You just need a little help from your friends," Devon slaps me on the back.

Ass. He is an ass.

"Ok, so what's first?" I lift my head and look between them.

"How about a game of pool? And to make it more interesting, let's bust out the hard liquor and make it a drinking game. Every time you miss a shot, you take... a shot?" Blake asks while grabbing a bottle of tequila out of the bar.

"Blake, you have no tolerance for alcohol. Did you forget?"

"Even your sister knows what a pussy you are at holding your liquor?!" Devon laughs.

"Both of you shut it. I'm usually good at pool so I shouldn't have anything to worry about."

"Then let's get this party started!" Devon rubs his hands together.

He seems like he has more plans than just doing shots.

***

I pour us all a line of shots to start with.

"Cheers to getting to know each other better," Devon holds his up.

"Cheers," Blake and I say in unison and clank our glasses with his.