Hurt

OMARI'S POV

"Lord I never knew love until you placed these two beautiful boys in my life nothing wouldn't be right if I lost one right now. I would give anything, my career, my lung, my heart, even my life lord to see him alright. Man please.. pleeeeease let him be alright. I'm sorry for the way I've treated Nique, anyone I've wronged..im sorry..."

I can't take it no more, it is the worst feeling in the world to see your child in this situation. The way his face looked as he struggled to breath and him turning blue... More tears stream down my face as Nique's moms comforts me.

"It's alright man, all we can do right now is pray and wait." D says holding a scared Kam. I sigh.

"You scared man?" I say directing my attention to Kam. He nods shyly and I hold out my arms.

"Come here." He gets in my lap and I kiss him on the forehead wrapping my arms around him.

Nat walks in with Nique and some nigga. "Mommy!!" Kam runs to her and she picks him up crying.

"Oh baby." She holds him.

*

*

*

It's been some hours and still nothing about Leo, I really hope he's alright. Nique's dad is here now and she had to force Nat to leave to get some rest. That guy Nique came with left for his job or something but I really don't care. I look at Nique and it all washes over me. She having to go through this, I feel like it's all my fault.

"I'm sorry.." She looks at me confused.

"What are you talking about?" I sigh.

"I'm sorry for everything I ever put you through, like getting you pregnant at a young age, Tati, all those women. You deserved way better then me, I'm was and still am a messed up person. But I'm glad I was able to have such a beautiful person like you in my life, inside and out. And to have our sons and I feel very blessed. I'm glad you've start looking, maybe it's time for me to move on too...." I say letting a tear slide down my face.

That's the hardest thing to say but it's true.

"No.. I don't want to move on, because even through all crap, you were actually a good man and no one can replace that." She wipes a tear away from her face.

"You hurt me so bad Omari but I forgave you it's just that I didn't want to get hurt again so I distance myself. But I still love you, I think I'll always love you no matter what.." I scoot by her and hold her.

"I love you too Nique.."

"Jones family?" We all say yes at the same time and stand up. He nods.

"Is he okay?" Nique asks walking closer to him.

"He's alright, as you know his lung collapsed and it was critical but I will tell you we were successfully able to release the air in his chest cavity." We nod.

"Can we see him?" I ask and he nods. We follow him toward the elevator.

"Now he can go home today but his healing process shall take from 42 to 72 hours." I nod.

"Does he need any medicine?" I say as we get on the elevator.

"Uh, yes you will pick that up near the front. But I caution you guys that he needs to take his medicine when instructed. If not he'll feel the pain from his lung healing." We nod and get off the elevator.

We walk into the room and see Leo laying in the bed sleeping.

"Oh my babyy.." I grab Kam out her hands as she walks over to Leo's hospital bed. She kisses him on the forehead.