All Bad

Nobody knows what I go through, wish you could put yourself inside my shoes.

I got friends that ain't friends no more, they don't understand the life I chose.

See the money and the fame, it can hurt everything you love.

Got some people that depend on me, and I can't give up.

They don't know what I'm going through, they don't know what I'm going through...

-August Alsina, Nobody Knows

OMARI'S POV

This can't be, man no. We just started the season, I was going to dominate the court, take us to the finals and win son. I know men aren't supposed to cry but shit for my family or my career I will.

Nique puts her hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, I'll be here." That calms me a little bit but still inside I feel like I've lost a part of me.

"Well, the nurses will be in shortly to prep you for surgery which will take sixty to ninety minutes." We nod and he leaves the room.

It's silent for a few moments as I try to gather my thoughts on what's really going on right now. If only I had picked my foot up when I turned. What are they going to do with a player that can't play, for the whole season.

I know Nique doesn't know what to say, shit who would what's the good side out of this. We just started playing and now I'm out for the whole season.

"You're gonna be okay Omari.." I don't answer back, just stare at the wall imprint of me.

The nurse comes in. "Hello."

"Hey."

"What's up." Nique gets up.

"I guess I have to leave now." She says coming over to me and kissing me on the cheek softly. "We'll be waiting for you." She squeezes my hand then leaves out the room.

"Your wife is beautiful, seems like she's loyal too. Can't really say that's for many guys in the game huh?" I smile to myself as she inserts a liquid into my I.v bag.

"Yea.. I wish she was my wife though." She looks embarrassed.

"Oh I'm sorry, I just thought since she kissed you on the cheek she was." She laughs at herself. "I'm not much of a basketball girl, more of a football kind of chick." I nod understandingly.

"It's cool, don't sweat it." Another nurse comes in and checks the board at the end of my bed.

"Hello Mr. Jones is it?" I nod.

"At your service but you can call me Omari."

"Debra, its nice to meet you Omari." She smiles then looks at the other nurse.

"Did you put the sedate in him." She nods.

"Okay." She looks back to me. "So the sedate should put you to sleep in a few so just relax for the mean time." I nod.

A few more nurses come in and start rolling me off down the hall. While we're rolling I start to feel the sedative working. My eyes get heavier and heavier then everything finally goes black.

DOMINIQUE'S POV

"So what's up? What's wrong?" I sigh.

"Guess." His eyebrows raise.

"Does it start with a T and end with Acl." I nod.

"Damn.. He's gonna be out the whole season son. That's mad crazy." I nod again.